Chapter Fifteen

"There's got to be a reason for this, nothing just happens."

It was almost comical watching everyone jump out of the window and soon we were all huddled out in the parking lot, ducking down behind cars.

Max, Chris, and Romeo were all ducking down behind one car while Natalia and Cj were hiding behind another car, Bash was shielding the both of them behind him while peaking around the corner.

I couldn't really say James, Kyler, and Cole were hiding all too well because they were literally shoving each other while shouting.

I sit on a hood of a car and light up a cigarette before inhaling deeply, they were stressing too much because teachers didn't care much of looking for students and our school didn't have security guards.

We weren't a violent school, worst thing that's happened was when someone set a teachers car on fire, Chris was pissed when they suspended him but it was better then being expelled.

Second worst thing was the explosion in the cooking lab, there was a joke when you opened the oven. Fire crackers that were lit, but then it blew up the oven and caught the entire room on fire.

I was almost expelled but my parents explained to them that I have a sick sense of humour and sometimes take it too far.

I didn't bother arguing because I knew they were right, maybe I did take it too far sometimes but it was all for kicks.

My head shot up when the front doors to the school flew open and three girls ran out. I instantly wanted to kill myself in that moment.

Maybe I did have a sick sense of humour.

The three girls run towards the cars and that's when James suddenly popped up, "Emery, what the hell?" He snapped, grabbing one of the girls.

Another ran to Cole and gave him a quick kiss.

The last one was blonde, pretty - like almost super model pretty. I knew I'd probably end up punching her in the face.

"Meet at the diner down the road!" Natalia shouted.

Everyone started heading to cars while I just sat there, "What the fuck?" I blurt out, frowning.

This wasn't some type of party. When I break out of detention it's so I can go home and take a quick nap, not go on some stupid little adventure with people I don't know and don't like.

Arms wrapped around me and picked me up from the ground, causing me to drop my cigarette. I started kicking my legs when they adjusted their hold around me, carrying me bridal style and that's when I look up at him while scrunching my nose up.

"Very attractive," He mumbled, jogging lightly while making sure not to drop me. If he did he'd surely have hell to pay.

I go to punch him but realize it wasn't a good idea letting go of him, and that just made me want to punch him more.

He was quite infuriating and he didn't even have to do anything drastic. It was wild.

We stop suddenly and he opens up a car door before throwing me in the passenger seat before slamming the door shut.

He runs around the back and slips in behind the wheel, starting the car up and pulling out. He follows the others out of the parking lot and down the road before turning the corner.

I remain quiet the whole ride because I wasn't sure if I was furious or curious.

"You need to loosen up," He says, glancing over at me before looking back at the road.