Chapter Twenty

"All those tears are going to come and go, don't worry baby we're going to be alright."

I wait outside in the parking lot when the front doors finally bursted open and students basically ran to the cars. That's how bad people wanted to get away from this school.

My eyes land on Henry and August, he had her tucked into his side while he shoved through students to get through.

They make their way towards me before pausing, "What were you thinking?" August asks.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I wasn't exactly thinking," I mumbled, "I just wasn't going to let them get away with what they did to you." I added on.

"You didn't have to go in there and beat them all up," She replied softly.

I could tell she wanted to be serious but by the smile on her face I knew she wasn't.

"I didn't throw the first punch, for any of them actually. So I was defending myself after getting attacked." I replied cheekily.

She shook her head and they started walking away before stopping, Henry turned and looked at me in confusion, "You coming?" He asked.

"Where?" Was my reply.

He shook his head at me, "My place, we're going to bake cookies." The moment the words came out of his mouth I nearly scowled.

I'm sure they both knew I wasn't the type to bake cookies, which is probably why they both were watching me with amusement dancing across their faces.

I huff out and continue following them to the car, "As long as I can smoke a joint beforehand!" I reason.

An arm wraps around my shoulders, causing me to flinch away. I look up at Max, "Give a girl a little bit of warning."

He rose his hands in mock surrender, shooting me a boyish grin, "I heard you destroyed not just one girl, but three." He states.

We slip into the car, Max jumping in the back with me, causing me to frown, "I didn't know you were coming." I stayed.

"I wasn't, then I heard joint and cookies and thought it was better then my other plans." He replied.

I snort out and Henry pulls out of the parking lot, speeding down the road when Max started looking at me and August with a funny look.

"Auggie, when did you get a haircut? And you too Luna." He drawls out, his eyebrows knitting forward.

We both remained silent, causing him to laugh, "They don't look bad, you both look smokin' hot." He says.

"Hey!" Henry snapped, turning quickly to glare at Max.

Max laughed while raising his hands in the air again, "Was just a statement, I didn't mean anything by it." He answered.

The drive to the house was quick and we were all huddled in the kitchen, Max and Henry rummaging around to make something to eat while August and I sat on the stools and watched them.

Not even ten minutes after we got here we hear car tires squeal out front and a door slam before the front door opened and was slammed loudly.

Everyone looked around in confusion while I sat there smirking, waiting for him to burst in and that's exactly what he did.

And when his eyes landed on me he went wild, he walked towards me, "You fucking psycho, was it necessary for you to beat the shit out of three girls?" He shouts in my face.