Chapter Seven

"Is there a reason? An explanation on why Im like this?"

Water splashed in my face and I shot ip quickly before going still, my head pounded and my stomach churned, "I'm still drunk," I cried out, wiping my hair out of my face.

I peel open my eyes and look around, somehow I got home last night, I wasn't too sure how though, last night was a blur.

My eyes land on my dad, Andrew stood next to him with an empty bucket, a smile growing on his face.

"Why are you guys here?" I managed out.

Dad snickered at me, "Rise and shine, sunshine. You had us up early so we thought we'd repay the kindness," He says.

My eyes narrowed and I rubbed my head, "What? What are you talking about?"'I question.

The room was spinning and I realized maybe I should stop drinking for a while. I knew that would never happen but it was always nice to dream.

"You came home at 3am, I'm not sure how you got inside but you were crashing into everything." Dad states and I feel my face burn in embarrassment.

I never knew what quiet meant when I was intoxicated.

I brought a hand down my face, "I'm sorry, I really am. I wasn't trying to be loud," I say weakly.

I look up at them to see they were both smiling,  "It's fine sweetheart, as long as you get home safe is all I'm truly worried about," Dad says.

Andrew rolled his eyes playfully, causing me to snicker out.

"Oh, and I got a call from the principal. He said you'd be getting tutoring from Romeo Chapman, which I think is a great idea after he told me your marks." Dad added on and my chest tightened.

Andrew started laughing while I sat there quietly, there was no way in hell I'd be getting him to tutor me.

"No further discussion on it, unless you want your mother to know?" Dad questioned.

I cried out and crossed my arms over my chest. He got me there.

They both leave me to my own mess, thankfully it was Saturday meaning I had all day to recover.

I grab a quick shower, washing my hair and body before changing into something comfortable, I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

I was wearing tights and one of Andrews sweatshirts, guys clothing was better. Not sure why but it was always way more comfortable, and their clothing actually had real pockets.

I left the house undetected, plugging in my headphones before starting my run. I headed straight for the woods, I always felt more comfortable in them for an odd reason.

Hours passed when I finally found myself resting on a park bench, children running around while squealing and shouting.

My head was pounding and I felt off today, like the hangover was screwing with me.

I roll my eyes at myself and glance around when my eyes land on a head full of blonde hair, August. A smile tugged at my lips but soon faded when I realized Henry wasn't with her.