Chapter Thirteen

"When the curtain drops, our touch is just a touch. Perfect pretenders."

I stood there frozen in my spot, school was back in and it was currently lunch period when I decided to stop at my locker before running to the cafeteria to meet up with both Cj's.

That was until I actually made it to my locker, realizing someone had written all over it and inside there were these sticky notes, all different writing but the words, the words brought tears to my eyes.

Why would anyone do this?

More like why wouldn't anyone do this? I was a shit person, always have been and always will be but I just didn't understand why people had to be so mean to others.

What was the point in it? How does anyone feel better after knowing they just ruined someone else's day?

I push all the sticky notes back inside when I hear laughter echo through the halls. My blood went cold and I tried shoving everything in there quickly but that just caused more things to fall out.

A group of students start walking down the hall and notice me, their laughter dying away as they came closer and that's when I realized it was the populars.

My anger started to rise when my eyes landed on her, she stood next to Romeo who had his arm wrapped around her shoulders, an evil glint dancing in her eyes as she smirked at me and that's when I realized she had something to do with this.

Max shoved through people and helped me collect my things when he suddenly stopped, a pink sticky note in his hand.

"Kill yourself," He whispered under his breath, reading the note before looking up at me quickly, catching my eyes.

My stomach tied in uneasy knots when he stood to his feet, "Who did this?" He snapped out, his facial features hardening as he looked at his group of friends.

Everyone remained silent and that's when Romeo pulled away from Emma, his face holding so much confusion.

He kneeled down and grabbed a blue sticky note, "Ugly cunt." He mumbles before his head shot up.

He brought a hand through his long hair and shook his head, "Luna, who wrote these?" He asked softly, standing next to Max.

I throw my books back in my locker and collect the rest of the notes before looking at him. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." I replied, feeling my hands shake by my sides.

I felt embarrassed, which was something I didn't feel often.

"Try me," Romeo shot back, stepping away from Emma and closer to me, causing me to take a step back and to raise my eyebrow at him.

I point a finger at Emma and the look on Romeo's face was almost priceless, but it soon faded when he met my eyes and shook his head, "You were right, I don't believe you, there's no way she could have done this," He says.

I pluck one of the sticky notes out of the pile before looking at Emma, "You said I'd never kiss a guy," I state, narrowing my eyes at her.