Chapter 9

Khushi 's POV

"They make a wonderful couple don't they " a voice said behind Khushi. Khushi startled out of her thoughts stared at the figure behind her "I wasn't spying on them "Khushi quickly told Mahi to make sure she didnt begin to think that she was some pervert who liked to impose on people's private moments. Mahi chuckled at the girl's nervousness. "It is okay dear there is nothing to be scared of , I understand you completely love is a beautiful sight to behold. The union between two hearts is the most sacred of all especially for women ,you know my dear there is nothing more magical than having your husband's name written in the palm of your hands. You feel a sense of belonging and you feel like no harm will ever come to you because you know the owner of that name in your palms will protect you and shadow you against the whole world. To love someone is a privilege but to be loved by someone is a gift from above" the wise women told Khushi.

Mahi' s pov

Mahi watched as a myriad of emotions flooded through Khushi's face. She hoped she wasn't being presumptuous in thinking that this girl before her was the one who will save her son from the darkness he carved for himself. She felt like this girl was the balm to her son's aching soul.

Arian's pov

He didn't know what lead him along the  pathway to the terrace but he felt a sudden inexplicable force pushing him towards the terrace. He felt like something powerful was waiting for him upstairs and the closer he got the faster his heart raced and there she was standing with his mother the Goddes Aphrodite herself reincarnated. He looked at his mother and suddenly knew why she was so adamant that he come with her. Goodness she was so beautiful from her delicate fingers to her rosy lips to that tiny waist that sent him into a frenzy.

Khushi's POV

Khushi sensed that someone was watching her as soon as she turned she suddenly wished to her Devi Maya that she didn't do so because suddenly she was burning ,his eyes were burning her, those deep smouldering eyes were igniting a fire deep within  her , a fire that she thought only Arnav could ignite. She  could not look away. It was like there was some entity or sacred thread that was binding them together. "That is my son Arian "Khushi heard Mahi tell her.

Mahi's pov

Mahi looked at her son and Khushi as they both stared at each other oblivious to the whole world she suddenly felt like an intruder . She quickly left but neither Khushi nor Arian noticed it.

Arian's pov

Arian found himself walking closer to Khushi the closer he got the further she stepped back . It was a game of cat and mouse Arian felt like a predator ready to pounce on its prey. What a beautiful prey she was.

Khushi's pov

Khushi watched as he got closer and closer she moved further back until she was trapped between the wall and him. "Hi " she heard him say . "Oh Devi Maya it is not only his eyes that are burning me but his voice is igniting flames of fire across my skin" Khushi thought. It was strange to Khushi that she felt comfortable  trapped between a wall and a stranger but she could not move and Goodness he smelled so good all she wanted was to be held in his arms.

Arnav's POV

Arnav stepped out of the plane finally he was going to get some time alone. He felt like he needed to get away from his sister. He needed to reflect and to figure out who he was apart from being the over-protective brother who didn't mind hurting anyone who meant his sister harm. That is why he came to Mumbai for some fresh air .