chapter 12

3rd person pov

Shantivan

Nani and Manaroma supported a grief stricken Anjali into the dining hall all three ladies were too shocked  at what had transpired earlier on . Nani could not comprehend what was going on , she had always prided herself in the fact that she was never wrong she always supported the truth but this time she was wrong. A dark blanket of shame covered her and no matter how much she tried to remove that blanket she could not, the more she tried the tighter that blanket wrapped around. She was blinded by her love for Anjali to the point where she failed to recognise the truth. Sadly for Manaroma there were no hello hi byes byes left in her . "Madam there are a couple of ladies at the door for you , shall I let them in "a servant asked Nani.  'Yes , let them in "Nani replied back . Five ladies walked in who looked like typical wealthy socialites who had nothing better to do than gossip. "You know Nani we respect you very much "one of the ladies began from the moment the ladies walked in Nani knew that they spelt trouble. They weren't there to be supportive or sympathize but they were there like starved vultures looking for their meal to satiate their big appetites.  Gossip that is what these typical housewives were after , it was their sole purpose of living , they enjoyed people's misery even if their foul mouths called you a friend . Nani knew these kinds of woman all too well after all she did live with one , but Nani knew that it was about to change she had a feeling that Manaroma was going to know what it felt like to be the gossip instead of the gossiper. "Well you see Nani the thing is "the lady continued Nani could see the amusment the lady was trying to hide under her fake concern "My  niece has this friend called Preeto , well the thing is Preeto is getting married and the name of her groom is Advay at first when I heard this I thought wow Advay is a really nice name but then I came to see his picture and I was shocked it was Shayam our Anjali 's Shayam ". "I also could not believe it Nani when she first told me but then she showed me the picture and I must say poor Anjali "the lady with the big nose chimed in. "NOOOOOO!! Shut up my Shayam can never do this to me Shut up!! "Anjali broke down into a hysterical fit. Nani could see from the ladies' expressions that they were getting exactly what they wanted and as if matters could not get any worse Sheetal and her son walked in. "Who are they ?"the big nosed lady asked and before Nani could intercept the conversation Sheetal jumped in "I am Sheetal Arnav's ex-girlfriend from college and this is my son Aarav , you see Arnav was kind enough to let us stay here for a while until I get back up on my feet "Sheetal said with a smirk in her face. The ladies of the society had struck gold they had intended on getting information about Anjali and not any on Arnav . "First his wife went missing and now he has his ex-girlfriend living with them "the ladies thought at the same time. The ladies were soon brought out of their thoughts by Anjali's screams "Get out !! You lying wretches ! !" Anjali  started throwing vases at them "Anjali stop it" Nani screamed "Slap !!!" Nani's slap echoed throughout the whole house . "Manaroma call Arnav "Nani instructed Manaroma with a stern face.

Mumbai

Arnav's pov

Trrrrr!! Arnav heard his phone ringing "What is it Aunt ?" Arnav asked his aunt harshly . "Hello Hi Bye Bye !! Arnav beta come quickly Anjali needs you "Manaroma said hurriedly . Arnav could hear from the background something breaking . For a second he was tempted to get on a plane but he immediately stopped himself. The way Anjali was reacting was all his fault. He had always shielded her from all the hurt in the world but in doing so  he prevented Anjali from truly living and experiencing life to its fullest . Pain was apart of life and the more pain we experienced the stronger we became. Due to the fact that Anjali never experienced any pain  she had no control over her reactions . She was just like a baby learning how to walk. Her emotions were all over the place and Arnav realised this was exactly what she needed it was time Anjail learned how to fend for herself and it was time he started putting himself first but most importantly it was time he started putting Khushi first. "I am sorry aunt Anjali is a grown woman let her deal with her problems "Arnav finally replied.