Chapter 14

Khushi 's POV

Khushi felt restless her heart was beating at a million miles per second today was the day of the event.  She spent the whole night and whole day preparing for the auspicious event but something bothered her though and it was Aru.  Aru kept on giving   her weird looks throughout the night , Khushi had a feeling that the old lady was hiding something. But she was not going to focus on Aru cause the people were already arriving . "Devi Maya what ever happens today I just want to thank you for leading me  into this path " Khushi lovingly prayed to her beloved Devi Maya .  "Khushi Madam it is time to serve the drinks "one of her workers told her. Khushi knew she was  taking a big risk by not serving everyone wine  but this was her time to show the people what she was made of , so she decided to prepare a special drink from Lucknow the one uncle Rudra taught her  . This drink wasn't just a traditional drink but it was her escape and what saved her from all the lonliness she experienced as a child.

Flashback

10 years ago

"What did I tell you Khushi ? " Garima scolded Khushi "I told you not to disturb Patel when she is taking her dance lessons ". "But ma I also want to dance too just like Salman khanji " little Khushi moaned . "No this is only for Payal your turn will come some time later now we need to focus on Payal , now go ,go and play outside don't come back until I call you   " Garima told Khushi. A sad Khushi walked along the sunny roads of Lucknow  , why couldn't she dance with Payal she wondered after all they were sisters . " Hey girl " Khushi suddenly heard someone calling her " Hey girl come here and tell me what's bothering you " a man from across the road called her. Khushi knew that she wasn't allowed to talk to strangers but she couldn't help it there was something about that man's voice that wiped off her lonliness in an instant. Khushi quickly crossed the road and immediately when she got close to the man's house she was bombarded with a delicious smell "hmmmm " Khushi cooed.  " Hmmm you like that don't you ? " the uncle said . "Yes very much Uncle can I have a taste ? "Khushi asked  "  no this drink is not for kids but guess what I will teach you how to make it so that one day when you are old enough you can man it for yourself and drink it " the uncle told Khushi . The rest of the days Khushi learned how to make the drink with her new found friend whom she came to call uncle rudra . To Khushi  this was not just about learning how to make a drink this was about Khushi had finally found someone to alleviate her lonliness. She had finally found someone who cared about listening to her crazy talks and who put her first. Khushi spent many years with her uncle Rudra learning how to sharpen her culinary skills.

End of flashback

"This is for you Uncle " Khushi whispered as she watched the waiters serving the drinks .

Guests pov

"Hmmm " this is tasty one of the guests commented .All of guests agreed with him that had never tasted anything of that sort before.

Arnav's pov

"Welcome Mr Arnav " his business partner welcomed him. Arnav was feeling a bit apprehensive he didnt know what it was but he felt like something major was going to happen to him . His mood was already ruined she to his conversation with his Di.

Flashback

"Chote where are you ? You should hear the lies they are saying about my Shayam Chote. Please come home so that you can sort this problem out and bring my Shayam back to me" Arnav heard his Di plead over the phone."I am sorry Di this is a battle you are gonna have to fight yourself , I have spent too many years of my life putting you first and disregarding my own feelings . It is time I lived for myself Di  , it is time I showed the woman I love just how much she means to me and just how sorry I am . ' Arnav sadly told his Di. "I can't believe you Arnav you are choosing them over me Arnav , over me " before Anjali could go any further Arnav quickly shut the phone.

End of flashback

3rd person pov

Arnav was honoured with the most prestigious award . "Won't you stay Mr Raizada the food is about to be served " one of his collegues asked . 'No I am sorry I have to go " Arnav declined as he ws walking out he is immediately stopped by the smell of food . "I know this smell "Arnav thought to himself . "Khushi "he suddenly whispers.