chapter 33

" Please tell Khushi , what exactly are you trying to say ?'

Khushi looked from Arnav to Arian and realised what she had to do at that moment.

"Arian may I please talk to you outside ?"

"So what did you wanna talk about " asked anxious Arian.

"Arian for so long people have only ever taken from me. They never have anything back, I never expected them to. I am 22 years old for goodness sakes! ! I got married when I was 18, when I should have went to college instead. I got married to a man who is older than me , a man who already had his identity and I an 18 year old girl created my identity around him. I am so tired Arian of living for other people. There is no doubt that you would make me the happiest woman in the world if i ever said yes to you, but I don't think I can go through that again ".

"What are you saying Khushi ? Are you choosing him after everything he put you through ".

"No Arian, I am choosing myself ".

"Okay, I may not understand it Khushi. I will always be here, waiting for you ".

"Goodbye Arian ".

"Goodbye Khushi ".

Khushi went back inside to find an anxious Arnav waiting for her.

"Where is the other guy ?"

"He went home ".

"Good thats good , you and I can finally talked ", Arnav moved to take Khushi 's face in his hands but stopped abruptly as Khushi took one step away from him.

"You are right we need to talk. I think it is time we end this Arnav. Stop this whole cat and mouse game we've got going between us ".

"Khushi I love you ".

"Arnav stop right there , I do not doubt your love for me trust me. Tell me Arnav , what do you are when you look at me ?"

" I see the woman I love , I see my Khushi ".

"Exactly Arnav !!!!! . You are your Khushi , you don't see me Arnav needed!!!. You don't see a girl with hopes and dreams, a girl who wants to change the world. You are someone who loves you immensely, a wife who would always be at your beck and call. A wife you can order around. That's not what I am anymore Arnav".

"I didn't say that you were just my wife Khushi. It's fine if you wanna do all those things that you mentioned. I am okay with that ".

"You are okay with that ?".

"Yes I am ".

"You are that's the problem Arnav , you are okay with that. You shouldn't have to be just okay with that. It's like you are granting me permission or something like that. You see this is what my problem is , you can do whatever you want and I have to support you no questions asked. But no , when it comes to me you have to be okay with it ".

"You see Arnav that is not what marriage should be. It should be a partnership where we support each other regardless of how we feel. It's about compromise from both parties and not just the wife having to compromise. That is marriage Arnav ".

"Okay , we will have all that, we can have all that , answered a flustered Arnav.

"I know we can , but I am not ready yet Arnav. I am happy where I am, I like being just Khushi".

"What are you trying to say ?".

"What I am trying to say is goodbye Arnav ".

"Wow , I never expected this , is this about him , that guy? Did you choose him over me ?".

"No , I chose myself ".