Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I was actually looking forward to spending the day with Robbie, I wasn't sure whether it was going to be awkward because of the whole date thing but I hoped that it wouldn't be. Maxine hadn't been happy that I was busy for the day because she had been hoping that we might actually be able to sit down and talk about how long I was planning on staying with her and whether someone knew where I was. I could answer both of them without having to discuss it, I don't know and yep. She hadn't been to pleased that I didn't know how long I was staying for so I told her that it shouldn't be long and I wanted to finish sixth form here because I really liked it and was extremely grateful to Patrick for giving me an amazing opportunity, she had seemed pretty happy with that so I left before I could put my foot in it again.

___

I made my way to Robbie's house at about one after he had text me to tell me that the coast was clear, which I assumed meant that everyone was out of the house, I knew that he wouldn't want the other guys at home because he had made a point yesterday about wanting to hang around on our own. When I arrived Robbie answered the door straight away which made me smile.

"Sooo… What do you have planned for the day?" I asked him once we were seated in the living room.

"Well you know I thought we could just hang out and watch a film or something?" He offered and it was strange to think that this sweet guy was the guy that everyone seemed to hate.

"That's sounds cool. What films have you got?" I asked and he showed me the DVD collection, as soon as he did I saw my favourite film amongst them.

"This one." I told him as I pulled out The Hangover of the pile.

"Good choice, I think we have some popcorn somewhere in the house." He got up and walked through to the kitchen and began rummaging through the cupboards so I walked through with him and waited for him to find it.

"I didn't think that you would be like this." The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"What do you mean?" He asked me whilst he was still searching through the cupboards.

"Well it's just that you don't come across as the type of guy that would want to hang out with a girl and get to know her. You seem more of a hump and then dump type of guy." I tried to put as nicely as I could.

"Hump and then dump?" He asked me whilst laughing, "I guess you could say that Fred and Ziggy are like that but I guess I can be like that sometimes but then I can be like this at other times. It depends on who the girl is."

"Wow. That was pretty deep." I told him and he laughed.

"What can I say? I guess there's more to me than you first thought." He threw a bag of something to me and I threw my hands up quickly to stop it hitting my face, it was sweet popcorn.

"Good choice." I mimicked his words from before and he smiled at me.

___

We had been watching the film for about an hour when we heard the front door open and Freddie's head poke round the door of the living room.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." He told us and then walked into the living room and began taking off his jacket.

"Not at all." Robbie told him but I could tell that he wasn't happy that his brother had turned up.

"Good. What we watching? Ooh The Hangover, I love this film." He announced and then sat down on the sofa between me and Robbie who had actually been sat pretty close to each other so it was a tight squeeze even though there was a whole seat at the other end of the sofa, "Budge up." He told us and began shoving Robbie up the sofa.