Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I had successfully managed to get dressed and downstairs without waking Freddie up which I thought was quite impressive after the drama when I first slept in Ziggy's bed. I wanted to avoid any questions about where I was going because I had already lied to Robbie and I was unsure whether the others would buy the lie like he did. I didn't think that the guys knew who Joel was but I didn't want to risk them asking questions in the village and then people would know about my biological dad and then the plan that Warren had me working on would go down the drain but to be honest I hadn't actually been working on that recently.

"Minnie?" I heard someone ask when I walked into the kitchen and I realised that I had forgotten that Ziggy had slept downstairs because he was ill.

"Hey Zig, do you want some water or something?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nah, I'm feeling a bit better now. I was just wondering what you was doing up so early." He asked me and I got him a glass of water anyway before answering.

"I have a train in like forty five minutes." I gave as my explanation to why I was up so early.

"Do you want a lift to the station?" He asked me and I debated whether he was well enough,

"I'm okay, I was going to get a taxi." I checked my bag to make sure that I had everything with me.

"I'm up now so I might as well take you and the others would get annoyed with me if I didn't."

"Fine but I'm only allowing you so your brothers don't kill you." I joked.

"Thank you. Give me fifteen minutes and I'll be ready to go." He rushed off upstairs so I decided to make myself a coffee whilst waiting for him to get ready.

"So where are you going?" Ziggy asked me once we were in the car.

"To London to see and old school friend." I lied and he nodded his head slightly which gave me confirmation that he believed me.

"Is she hot?" He asked me and I laughed.

"Who said that the person was a girl?" He looked at me shocked.

"Robbie won't be too happy if hears you've been sneaking off to meet other boys."

"Robbie knows that I'm off to see a friend, he just doesn't know that the friend is male." I replied back sarcastically because I knew that he was joking around.

"And Freddie?" He asked me but his tone of voice was a bit more serious this time.

"It never came up in conversation." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just be careful, okay?" Ziggy told me and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm old enough to look after myself." I answered him.

"Yeah well look what happened last time you said that." I could tell that he was just looking out for me but I was fed up of him and Freddie treating me like I was a little kid.

"Let's not talk about that." I swear he laughed a little bit before turning serious again.

"You do realise that Freddie blames himself for what happened."

"Why?" I asked him totally confused.

"Because he said that he should've never left you with Robbie because he can't be trusted. He also said that he keeps thinking about what would've happened if he hadn't of got there when he did." I hit my head slightly against the head rest and processed what Ziggy had just told me.

"He had no way of knowing that someone was going to put something in my drink so he shouldn't blame himself. If he wants to blame anyone then it should be me because I was stupid enough to talk to the guy and drink the drink he bought me."