Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"So why did you get involved with Trevor? Did you not learn your lesson the first time?" I asked Kevin.

We had been sat in the room for about two hours and Trevor still hadn't returned with my 'visitor', to pass the time I asked Kevin about how he knew Maxine which included a long explanation about some guy called Walker and how he was out for Brendan and used Kevin to get to him. I was most surprised to hear that he had planned to run away with Maxine at one point because he knew that Walker would be out to get them when he hadn't killed her like Walker had asked him to. Kevin seemed surprised that I wasn't scared of him after everything that he had done to my sister but I told him that he tried to make everything right and that's all that matters.

"Like I said before I needed the money and Trevor was offering a lot. I'm also sorry for drugging you that night at the club." Kevin offered me a weak smile with his apology.

"It's cool. You've gotta do what you've gotta do." I told him whilst shrugging my shoulders. "And I've already offered to help you out with your money problem if you get me out of here."

"I want to but if I do then Trevor will be after both of us. I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you again whilst I'm here but I don't know what he'll do if your boyfriend doesn't come through with the money."

When he mentioned Trevor hurting me my hand automatically went up to my jaw, I winced as I touched my jaw which I assumed was already bruising from the blow that he had delivered earlier.

"Do you want me to get you some ice?" Kevin offered when he saw me wince.

"What's the point it's already bruised."

"How are you dealing with it so well? I mean you're like seventeen and you aren't even fazed by the fact that some guy grabbed and is keeping you here." It looked like Kevin had been dying to ask me that question since I had been hit but I didn't really know how to answer him so I went for the truth.

"When I was younger I realised that if you show that you're scared it's a sign of weakness and things will only get worse if you show people that you're weak, so Trevor can hit me as many times as he wants but he won't get a reaction out of me."

"Wow that's deep." Kevin muttered and I laughed.

"What did you expect from a question like that?" I joked and he smiled, "Another reason that I'm dealing with it so well is that I was the one who took the drugs that went missing."

The smile fell from his face, "What do you mean?"

"The drugs that Freddie lost were taken by me." I told him again but slower this time as if I was talking to an idiot.

"Why?"

"Because I had to." I answered him simply.

He looked like he was going to question me further when the door opened and Trevor stepped inside.

"I'm glad to see you two getting along so well but I'm afraid Kevin has to leave." I was a bit gutted to see Kevin leave but I knew that it probably wouldn't be for too long which was confirmed when Trevor took Kevin to the side and spoke to him.

"I need you back here by ten tonight and I need you to pick something up from this address." I heard Trevor tell Kevin and then he handed him a slip of paper which I assumed had the address written on it. Kevin looked back at me and smiled but was pushed towards the door by Trevor, "Don't worry about her she'll be fine."

Trevor closed the door behind Kevin who had reluctantly left and then turned to face me.

"I thought you promised me a visitor." I said and he shook his head.