Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"So what are you up to today now that Sixth Form has finished?" Joe asked me at breakfast the next day and I couldn't help but get a little bit excited at the fact that Robbie had invited me to the cinema.

I was kind of glad that Sixth Form was over but to be honest I never really attended, however it did mean that I no longer had to see Patrick and give him a reason to hate me.

"I don't really know, just hanging around I guess." I answered him and I saw Robbie give me a look of confusion out of the corner of his eye.

"Well you're welcome to come and hang out at the garage any time that you want." He told me before leaving me and Robbie alone in the kitchen.

"So what are you doing today?" I asked Robbie to make some sort of conversation,

"I don't know. I was wondering if you wanted to hang around in the village and annoy some people if you want and then go to the cinema later? But then again you might be too busy 'just hanging around'." I didn't know what to make of his response because the beginning was kind of sweet and then he ruined it by sounding annoyed at the end.

"That sounds fun and no I won't be too busy." I answered him in attempt to sound enthusiastic but it made me sound like a bitch instead.

"I'll go get ready then." He told me.

"You go do that." I muttered and he stormed out and nearly took out Freddie as he did.

"What's up with him?" Freddie asked me and gestured towards Robbie who had headed upstairs.

"I have no idea." I answered him and he laughed.

"He's probably just on his period." He joked and I felt the corner of my lips pull up, "Got you to smile." He said triumphantly and I ended up smiling again.

"Wow I really am doing something good today. Two smiles." He faked being shocked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You should really work as a comedian not a mechanic." I told him and he laughed.

"Do you fancy hanging out at the garage today? It's pretty boring when it's only Joe and me working." He asked me and I was tempted to say yes and forget about Robbie's offer.

"Joe must think the same because he's already asked me but I already have plans so you're just going to have to find some other way of entertaining yourself."

"You was going to entertain me?" He asked me and raised an eyebrow and I hid my face in my hands when I realised how what I had said could be taken.

"You're a prick, you know that right?" He nodded his head.

"As if you would let me forget." And with that he grabbed the remaining slice of toast from my plate and walked out of the house.

"Prick." I called after him as he walked through the door and I was answered by the sound of laughter.

___

"Aren't we a bit too old to be playing 'penis'?" I whispered to Robbie who was stood next to me.

We had both snuck into a party thing that they were holding at College Coffee for the school. I could see Patrick walking around and making sure everything looked perfect, he would actually hate us with we started playing the game.

Robbie's mood from this morning seemed to have lifted because he had been in such a good mood for the rest of the morning whilst we were hanging about. We had just been hanging around the village but it had actually been great but I thought that this was a bit of a step too far.