Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It was pretty awkward the next morning because Lindsey was working in something in the kitchen and the guys were discussing some family things in there so I sat quietly in the living room, I wasn't going to hang around and wait for them but they had insisted that I could walk to the village with them which meant that I was going to be late for sixth form so Maxine wasn't going to be happy.

After about twenty minutes of sitting there twiddling my thumbs Lindsey announced that she was going to work and the guys stopped discussing whatever they were talking about so Joe could say bye to Lindsey.

"You're still here?" Ziggy asked me as he walked back into the living room.

"That's not a very nice way to talk to your guest." I told him and he scoffed.

"Break it up you two." Freddie joked before Ziggy could say anything back to me.

"You're alright you had a bed last night, trust me that sofa is so uncomfy." Ziggy whined so I stuck my tongue out at him when none of the other guys weren't looking.

"I have to sleep on a sofa every night." I pretended like it upset me but I wasn't bothered.

"Yeah, stop complaining Zig it was only one night." Jason chirped in from the kitchen and I couldn't help but smile at the fact that they were all winding him up so much.

"Plus I asked her to wait so I can walk into the village with her." Freddie referred back to Ziggy's first question.

"Why are you going to the village?" Joe asked.

"I need to go see Maxine. I won't be long." Freddie told them all and they all shared a look.

"Fine but you're locking up tonight if you're coming in later." Joe told him and then began getting ready to leave.

"I just have to do something give me two minutes." Freddie called behind him as he headed up the stairs.

"See you later?" Robbie spoke to me for the first time that morning.

"Yeah, are you working tonight?" I asked him trying to start a conversation but Joe cleared his throat in the doorway which was hint that he wanted to leave.

"Yep. See you later Minnie." Robbie headed out of the door.

"Bye." I said but the door slammed shut as I did so I was unsure whether he heard me.

I sat back down on the sofa because I had a feeling that Freddie was going to be a lot longer than two minutes. I checked my phone which as practically flat and saw that I had a missed call but I decided to ignore it, it's not like it was anybody important.

I was right in thinking that Freddie was going to take a lot longer because after about fifteen minutes he still hadn't come back downstairs so I headed upstairs to see what was taking him so long. When I reached his room the door was open slightly so I looked in, he was crouched on the floor looking in a bag whilst talking on the phone.

"Look Trevor, I won't have any problem shifting these." I heard him say and I looked closely at what was in the bag and saw that it was filled with pills.

"I'll deal with it. No you don't have to worry about it going wrong. I'll sort him out, okay?" It annoyed me that I couldn't hear the other side of the call but I assumed that this Trevor guy had something to do with the drugs that he had in his room.

Freddie hung up and I took that as my opportunity to knock on the door, "Hurry up Fred, Max is going to kill me." I pretended that I hadn't been stood there long.

I saw him shove the bag back under his bed and then stand up and straighten out his clothes, "Sorry I just got a bit distracted."

"I really don't need to know what you do on your own that might distract you." I joked.