Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"So I'm guessing that you're one of Mr T's friends?" I asked the guy that Trevor had sent into the room. Whilst I had been talking to Trevor I had come up with his amazing new nickname, Mr T.

"I'm just here to babysit for him." The guy answered me and sat down across the room from me on a chair.

"How exactly do you become a babysitter for a guy like that?" I asked him and began sizing him up. He didn't look that much older than me, he looked about the same age as my brother. He didn't look like the kind of guy that would be involved with a guy like Trevor, if I didn't know who he was friends with I might've even said he was good looking.

"I need the cash." He answered me simply and then smiled. He didn't seem like one of the goons that Trevor had made grab me, he seemed quite normal.

"So what's your name?" He seemed taken a back that I was actually trying to make conversation with him but he answered me anyway.

"Kevin." I remembered Trevor calling him that actually, "What's yours?"

"Minnie Minniver." I stated and I saw a flash of recognition cross his face.

"Minniver?" I nodded my head, "You're from Hollyoaks, right?"

"Yup. It's so boring there, have you ever been?" I was joking but he didn't look amused if anything he looked worried.

"Do you know Maxine?" He asked me and I looked at him confused.

"Yeah, why?" I asked him but then something clicked, I remembered Patrick and Sienna talking about someone called Kevin when I first arrived and I was going to ask Maxine about him but never got round to asking. "Wait. Do you know Maxine?"

"I loved with her for a bit. How do you know Maxine?"

"She's my sister. Well, not blood sister I was adopted but yeah…" I trailed off realising that I was babbling and the Kevin guy had stopped listening to me.

We sat in silence for about ten minutes after our conversation about Maxine. I wanted to talk to him more but whenever I asked him a question he ignored me so I decided to sit and wait it out until he started talking to me again.

I yawned and glanced at the clock on the wall, it was now midnight, which meant that it had been around two hours since I went missing. I wondered what Freddie and the guys were doing. I wondered whether Freddie had told them that he knew that I was with Trevor and that he was to blame for me being taken, I doubted it but it was possible.

"Okay so I was wondering that now we know that we both know Maxine if you could tell me what exactly this Trevor guy wants with me?" I asked him and his head snapped up as of he was snapped out of whatever he was thinking about.

"You don't know?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Do you really think that I would be asking if I did?"

"Someone lost some drugs or something of Trevor's so owes him money but he isn't paying so Trevor thinks that grabbing you will make him pay." I processed everything that he told me and I realised that I was actually the reason that I was in here.

"How much does he owe him?" I wondered whether I would be able to pay.

"I don't know I'm only here to babysit." Kevin told me.

"Well can you go get that Trevor guy and tell him that I have an offer for him?" I asked him but he didn't move, "Please?"

He sighed and got up from where he was sitting, "Stay here okay?"