Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I ran through the routine that I had got used to I put my bag in one of the lockers after showing my ID to one of the guys, I then walked through the metal detector and was patted down by the other guy. I then walked down the hall to the room where he was waiting. Every footstep I took echoed in the hallway and I slowly began regretting what I had done and what I was about to do but I could now say that I held up my end of the deal.

When I finally got to the room I looked around the room and caught his brown eyes watching me.

"I thought you'd forgot about me." He greeted me as I walked over to him and sat down on the seat across from him.

"I've been busy." I said and he grinned when he knew I was here for a reason.

"You've been talking to Jim?" Before I could answer he then went on to talk about Jim, "I'm so glad that you heard about him because it looks like I might have the chance of being out of here by Christmas. I hope you're getting everything set up for me."

"Jim told me about my brother." He laughed and I looked at him shocked.

"I should've known he wouldn't be able to keep that one quiet from you. Well what do you want to know?"

"I want to know everything Warren." I told him whilst avoiding eye contact by watching the guard that was pacing the visiting room.

"What happened to calling me daddy?" He asked me but saw my expression and laughed, "Okay but you might not like what you hear."

"I can handle it. I have a Dad in prison for murdering his fiancée and attacking my sister."

He laughed at my comment but then went on to tell me everything that he knows about my brother, "His name is Joel Dexter. He turned up out of the blue like you did and then he betrayed me by not killing Brady. Other than that there isn't much else to say."

I took a few moments to process what he had just said, he wanted my brother to kill a guy?

"Do you know where he is now?" I asked him and he looked shocked that I was still interested. He obviously had the wrong impression about me.

"Last I heard he left the village and left his girlfriend behind because of some robbery gone wrong." He answered me honestly and his tone sounded like he was bored by the conversation.

"Who was his girlfriend?" I asked and hoped that she still lived in the village so I could talk to her.

"Theresa McQueen. I don't understand why you're so bothered he set me up and he's the reason why I'm in here."

"He's still my brother." He didn't seem too impressed when I came out with that but who cares he is my brother after all.

"I assume from what you said before that you've been dealing with my little job?" He questioned me and I nodded my head, "Keep up the good work and we will be a good team when I make it out of here."

"I'm sure." I muttered.

"Don't be turning into your brother." He warned me but I brushed it off, "You've dealt with the money, haven't you?"

"I've got it don't worry, so you don't need to send Jim to keep an eye on me anymore."

"I'll see you when I'm out then?" I ignored his comment because I knew it was a dig at me for not visiting him in a while but I hadn't seen the point until Jim had told me about my brother.

I left the prison with one thing made up in my mind which was that I needed to talk to Theresa McQueen if I wanted to find out anything about my brother but I didn't exactly know how I was going to explain to her why I was interested in where he was or about his past. I guessed that I would just have to think it up on the spot and hope that she buys it.