Chapter 17- Aftermath of Hollywood

Chapter 17

 I decided to take a little break from Hollywood for a while after having finished filming. I just needed time to take everything in and spend time with my family and friends to bring me back down to earth. When I say friends, I really mean Kirstin. I tried to talk to my other school friends but it proved to be too awkward and all they would ever talk about was my time in L.A and Danny Thomas. We didn’t talk how we used to, conversation used to flow naturally between us but now it seemed to be more strained.

With Kirstin, it was just like old times, we would mess around and have fun and occasionally she would tease me about my relationship with Kason, which she knew would make me blush. She stayed over at mine the night I came back and we stayed up all night, catching up with all the ‘gossip’-as she claims it to be- from my adventures from Hollywood. She also caught me up with what had been happening here, about all the reports that had been said about me. She knew most of them were lies but we still got a good laugh out of them anyway.

Over the past few weeks, I had been sitting my exams. Although I had missed school while filming, I still studied whenever I was on set so I managed to catch up with the work. Kirsten came over a few times to help me with my studies before the exams.

Exams were over now and it was summer break, which gave me a good few weeks holiday away from thinking about Hollywood. Now I think I was ready to head back to the crazy world of Hollywood. I was currently lying on my bed, the sun streaming in through the windows, as I read a new script that was sent to me. The movie looked good and promising and I definitely wanted to do it. It also helped that Danny was also going to be in this movie.

I spoke to Danny almost every day on the phone and we were pretty excited about this new project. I also spoke to Kason too. Kason was on his world tour and was having a great time travelling the world. He would tell me about all the different countries he’d get to explore which made me wish I was there with him. Whenever he was coming to England, I would definitely go over to see one of his concerts.

My phone rang beside me, interrupting me from my script reading. I looked to see that it was Danny and a smile as bright as the sun outside shone on my face.

“Well, if it isn’t the infamous Danny Thomas” I joked as I answered the phone.

“You really need to work on those greeting Lena Brooks” he teased. I always answered him with some cheesy greeting, always something about him being famous.

“I think their pretty good” I laughed. “So how are you anyway?” I asked. I glanced at my clock realising the time. “Isn’t it pretty late over there?” Danny was in Australia, doing some press junket for one of his other movies.

“Yeah, but I couldn’t get to sleep. Still can’t get used to the time difference I suppose”

“I don’t know how you do it Danny. You must be some sort of superman or something. You’ve just finished filming a movie and now you’re going halfway around the world to do some interviews for your other movie and then you’ll have to do it all over again for this movie. Aren’t you exhausted?”

“It can feel like that sometimes, yeah. Don’t worry Lena, you still have this all to come” he chuckled.

“Great” I replied dryly.

“So, have you read the script for this new movie?”

“Yeah, I’m reading it just now; it seems pretty good, huh?”

“Well, any chance I get to play the knight in shining armour”

I laughed at that. “You’re not exactly a knight in shining armour; it’s more like a prince charming gig”