Chapter 1: The Laboratory

(A/n: The bold-printed words are author notes. Ya know, for in the future.)

~~~

(1:47 am on Monday, September 4th, 2017)

Third Person:

There was a laboratory, a building dwelling in a sea of stars and magic.

There were white tables set up on the first floor, with all sorts of magical and non-magical equipment there.

And in this building, lie a human girl on the floor, unconscious.

This girl had dark blue hair and eyes, wore a schoolgirl-type uniform, and carried with her an aura of calmness.

It appeared as though the man standing above her had put some sort of spell on her, since most mortals can't normally breathe in space.

The man standing above the girl shook his head, his indigo purple bangs and tricolored hair rustling.

The man laughed. It was high-pitched, nasally, and sounded like he was taunting someone.

He fiddled with the red cuffs on his sleeve, a sort of habit, and walked to one of the tables.

The man looked at the instruments all around the room.

"She said this would be more than enough." He said to himself in a ticked off, gleeful, menacing voice. "I sure hope I can do this right. Rituals are not my forte."

The girl on the floor stirred. She turned onto her side, trying to sit up.

The man watched her do this. He was getting quite impatient, seeing her roll around while half asleep.

He yanked the girl up by her arms.

Now she was awake.

"Ah-ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She screamed.

The man set her down and smirked. Seeing one of those warriors, terrified and defenceless, brought a smile to his face.

"R-rascal?!" She stuttered. "You died...but how-"

The man named Rascal adjusted his cuffs, and a flurry of purple playing cards came out. The cards pinned the girl to the wall.

"How do you like being totally and completely defenseless, Glitter Breeze? Or should I say, Chloe?"

Chloe struggled, but to no avail.

Rascal laughed. "Without you Glitter Pack, you're nothing more than an ordinary human."

Rascal walked to the corner of the laboratory. "Now onto more pressing matters." He laughed again.

That made Chloe wince.

"Wh-what are you going to do with me?"

Rascal turned around, quick as a flash, and dashed to Chloe, putting his hand on her hair. All within 3 seconds, maximum.

"Don't worry yourself about that, dear." Rascal laughed maniacally and walked away.

Rascal walked into the corner, to a strange machine.

It looked like a space capsule, with a purple-tinted glass door.

The purple glass was so dark in color that one could barely make out a tiny, vaguely humanish, shape inside the capsule.

Rascal pushed a button on the machine, and the shape made a screeching sound, almost like a bunny screaming in terror.

Rascal pushed another button, and the door of the capsule opened.

Chloe looked like she wanted to scream, too.

There was a anthropomorphic rabbit creature with white fur and blue eyes, all tied up with some greenish-colored rope.

Rascal yanked the rabbit creature out of the capsule. The rabbit creature whimpered.

Chloe gasped. "Don't hurt it!"

Rascal turned his face to Chloe, smiling.

"I'm glad you are starting to feel affectionate towards this creature." He laughed.

Chloe was taken aback.

Rascal placed the squirming creature in a smaller capsule, one that was can-shaped with a purple-tinted glass lid.

The creature had to be squished inside by Rascal, so it was obviously in pain.

The rabbit anthropomorph whimpered louder.

Chloe could hear it's little claws scratching at the white metal capsule.

Rascal walked over to Chloe, and plucked a single blue hair from her head.

Rascal also plucked a hair from his indigo bangs.

Rascal put both hairs in a drawer that jutted out from the can-shaped capsule.

Rascal clasped his hands together gleefully.

The anthropomorh had stopped whimpering, and the scratching sounds had died down.

Chloe feared the worst. It was okay for villains to hurt their enemies, but never the innocent.

"What's the matter, Ice Queen? Getting fired up?" Rascal laughed. "Don't worry, I'm here to help you cool down."

Rascal flicked his wrists, and a mirror with a purple playing card frame appeared.

"I'm so lucky that your destiny is one of magic!"

Chloe saw blue sparkly energy drift off her own skin, weakening her body. She was trying to fight it, but the mirror absorbed her energies like a magnet.

Chloe was released from her playing card bonds.

She didn't have the strength to stand up. Chloe saw Rascal smirk.

Then, something extraordinary happened.

The mirror started sucking away Rascal's powers. But he seemed fine with it. As if he expected it to happen.

Rascal fell to his knees.

"Everything has a price..." Chloe thought she heard him whisper.

Rascal was able to get up, though, and he slowly walked to the can-shaped capsule.

The anthropomorph was completely silent now.

Rascal placed the mirror on top of the lid, and the hairs he took on top of the mirror.

Rascal pushed a button on the machine, and the rabbit anthropomorph screamed.

Rascal did something strange, which was normal by now.

He took the three decorative buffon noses off his fancy hairdo. The buffoon noses turned black-purple. Rascal swung his hands in an arch above his head, and said the following:

Nogo, emperor of the dark,
Accept this offering, and make your mark.
Humans, creatures of the land,
Give this creature your loving hand.
Yo-kai, demons of the earth,
Give this daughter a brand new birth.
No memories she shall retain,
But for those core beliefs stored in her brain.
With these words, I did my piece,
I now command my spell to release!!!

The three noses disappeared in a flash of light.

Rascal fell to the ground, but slowly rose.

He turned to Chloe, who saw his that his face was pale. He looked so... vulnerable.

"R-rascal...?"

For a second, Chloe had forgorten how evil Rascal really was.

Rascal smirked, and made a purple playing card explode in her face.

~~~

A/n: Hello, Reader! I hope that you enjoyed the start of the fanfiction! I'd love to hear what you think about it! Bye bye!
-Nutmeg