Chapter 7: Surprise

Hiya! Let's begin!

Warning: There is a teensy bit mature part in the chapter. Nothing too bad, though.

~~~

(4:55 pm on Tuesday, September 12th, 2018)

Rascal's Perspective:

I teleported to the Shadow Realm.

I felt my master call to me from the depths of my shadow-filled soul.

"Rascal, contact me. Give me an update on your mission."

"Yes, master!!!" I spoke aloud.

From the cage on the table, a little voice squeaked, "Let us go, Rascal!"

I walked up to the cage where the three pixies were trapped.

"Why, of course I will, Ricky." I paused, watching hope glimmer on his face. "After I revive you three."

His face melted into terror.

I laughed, turning around.

"Now I must converse with master!"

I felt my soul slip into the deepest part of me, where there was something that looked like glass laid. However, I placed one foot on it, and the rippled like water, air rushing up to my face.

My master spoke through the wheel of doom to me:

"Rascal, how much energy have you collected?"

"Why, master, you'll never believe this, but..." I cocked my head to the side.

I had thought I heard a faint voice say, Don't talk to him!!!

"Rascal..."

"I have collected nine tics total in my book, which is just enough to revive those pixies! Ta da!!!"

I spread my arms wide for emphasis.

"Revive? What does he mean?"

"Who's he talking to? It's scaring me."

"That's not important!"

"No, that's not important!"

"Isn't it obvious? He's going to turn us into minions, and he's using telepathy."

"Shut up, worthless pixies!!!" I screamed, turning to face them.

"Ah!!!" They screamed.

"Sorry about that intrusion, master!" I smiled.

"Those idiotic pixies..." My master grumbled.

"I wholeheartedly agreee!!!"

"He agrees to what..." One of the pixies said.

"Do you want him to scream at us again?"

"Say no, Rufus. His eyes are super freaky!"

I sighed. "Ignore them, master, and their childish ways!" I placed the back of one hand to my forehead.

"How were you able to collect enough energy in two tries? You had one before this..."

"Master, surprisingly, since that queen fell ill with that concotion card, her subjects have been especially sad! And that's not the best part!"

"Really...?"

"Yes! Most of the energy came from one pixie, that's queen's brother!!!"

"What?!"