Chapter 11: Waking Up

I checked my Wattpad the other day, and saw that this story has the most views compared to my other stories! Like, over 800 views! I think... social media can be confusing sometimes. I mean, my story has the number 818 next to the eye symbol, so... yeah! Thanks for that much reading!

Wow I rambled, sorry. Back to the story!

EDIT: First, that number was about 500, then 600, then 700, and finally 800. That's how long I've been working on this chapter!

~~~

(6:17 am, on Thursday, September 14th, 2018)

Pop's Perspective:

Candy was still lying unconscious on the bed. No progress yet, on finding a cure.

Candy had woken up once, a while ago. I hadn't been there, like I wanted to. Candy's job was to rule the kingdom, and I had been given that burden after her poisoning.

I fidgited nervously. Candy was moving weakly, wiggling around, wincing. It was like she was having a nightmare.

I grabbed her paw. "...Candy, I..."

"...hm..."

Candy was waking up again!

"...Pop...are you..."

"Candy, I'm right here." I held her little paw tighter.

Candy's eyes opened slowly, blinking to adjust to the surroundings.

"Candy...!" I wanted to shout, but I stopped myself.

"Pop, why...?"

"Oh, um um... sorry, Candy." I let go of her paw.

She sat up. "Pop, I'm so glad to see you! Like, for real..."

"Huh...?" I said, puzzled.

"Oh, when I was sleeping, I was hyper-aware of my place on the world." Candy tried to explain.

"...What?"

"And it only got more vivid." Candy shook her head. "I mean, I knew more about others, and more information as time went on."

"...Okay...Do the doctors know this?"

"Y-yes. I told them when I woke up the first time. I wanted you to hear it from my mouth, so..." Candy's voice trailed off.

"...I wasn't told that." I finished.

"The worse part is, every time I try to wake up, it gets worse. Nightmarish."

"...Oh...You should eat something, right?" I was eager to change the subject.

(A/N: 321 words before I started this sentence! And I just ruined it... Oh well.)

"Yes, please." Candy smiled.

I smiled back. I called the maid down, and Candy got some breakfast.

After breakfast, Candy looked tired. Really tired.

She yawned.

"...Sorry...Pop..." She said.

I shook my head, laughing a little.

"No need to apologize. If you are tired, go to sleep."

"But...I'm scared that...I won't be...able to...wake...up..."

"It's fine, Candy. The Glitter Force will wrestle the cure out of that Joker."

"...But..." Candy started.