Chapter 2: Birthday

Oh yeah, this book takes place about a year after Emperor Nogo's defeat. Excluding the first part, "The Laboratory," that chapter took place just after Emperor Nogo's defeat.

For reference, (Y/n) is your name, and anything else in parenthesis is your anything. Also, I use a lot of time skips around chapters, so I put days, time, and years in parenthesis. I hope that made sense. If it didn't... message me, okay?

~~~

(10:45 am on Monday, September 11th, 2018)

Your Perspective:

You often spent hours, or even days, alone in your house.

It didn't help that your house was in a secluded area of outer space.

In the past year, your house became larger and larger, to give you more things to do as time went on.

But still, you were bored today.

You layed on your bed, reading a book your father penned for you.

You knew almost every word by now.

-Chapter 1-

Once upon a time, a man called Nicholas found a magical mirror, which held great power.

The mirror turned itself into a necklace, which Nicholas could not remove from his neck.

The mirror had a mind of it's own, you see.

The mirror wanted Nicholas to accept it's power, to unite him with his destiny.

But Nicholas refused.

Nicholas had a younger friend named Rodger.

Rodger believed in magic wholeheartedly, so Nicholas told him about the mirror.

Rodger believed him, but didn't understand entirely what the mirror was.

That is why the mirror almost led to Rodger's downfall.

"(Y/n)!!!"

You jumped up.

"Father!!!"

You walked into the hallway, looking for your father.

He suddenly hugged you from behind.

You twisted around, wiggling out of his grasp.

He laughed: it was a musical, high-pitched, clownish-sounding laugh.

Your father placed his right hand on your long cream-colored hair. His left arm was wrapped around your hip. You and your father were inches apart.

And that scared you. You looked into your father's dark abyss of eyes, barely seeing the red irises that lay underneath.

His tricolored hair with purple bangs was styled to look like a jester's hat. He wore a purple cape with a red belt running along it, a white jumpsuit with purple puffy pants, black boots, and a white mask.

You put your arms on his chest and pushed him away from you.

You realized that you had been holding your breath.

You father laughed again.

"D-don't scare me like that!!!" You managed to get out.

Your father stopped laughing.

"Alright, dear!" He laughed again.

You shook your head, a silent way of mocking his strange ways.