Chapter 12: Chord

Ah, finally some inspiration! Not sure if it makes any sense, but... yay! It's still an idea, right?

Anyway, welcome back after my unintentional writing break!

~~~

(3:41 pm, on Thursday, September 14th, 2018)

Rascal's Perspective:

I was on the balcony with the Glitter gals, sitting cross-legged on the large railing.

I smiled, scanning the five girls, checking to make sure they were still under my spell.

I grew bored, my laugh ringing out in a melancholy way.

"What is that clown doing???" Brooha shouted from the other side of the boarded door.

This only made me laugh harder.

"I don't think that he's fighting the Glitter girls...?" Brute said.

I immediately quieted down, glancing at the blue-haired one, and then stiffled laughter.

I heard Ulric bang his furry fist on the door.

"What are you doing in there, huh, you stupid Joker?!?"

I picked up a little device on the railing next to me. It was dark purple and shaped like a book, it's hinge shut tight. There was a chord protruding from the side opposite the hinge, snaking around the balcony, wrapped around the Glitter girls' ankles.

I smiled, singing, "I'm following our master's orders!!!"

"And what are those again...?" Brute asked.

I sighed while giggling, "I'm collecting negative energy off the Glitter Force!"

"But you never said how you would do that..." Brooha said.

"With a gift from the Emperor, which I don't believe you should have the privilege of seeing right now!" I smiled.

"And why not???" Ulric growled.

I narrowed my eyes, glaring at the door, even though I knew they couldn't see me.

"Because it's is powerful," I said darkly. "And master only will trust me with this kind of thing."

I scoffed. "You know, if you didn't tell those Glitter girls your plan every time, giving them possible counter-strategy ideas, you might be trusted as well..." I giggled.

My fellow minions screamed many things, including, "you get beaten too, ya know," or "huh, what did he just say about us," or "arg, I'll show you!"

"Let's just leave him alone..." Brooha said.

I heard their footsteps walking away.

"Ha..." I sighed happily. "They're finally gone!"

I leaned against the wall that met with the railing, placing my left foot closer to my torso and extending my right leg.

(A/n: I don't know how else to explain it, and I can't find a visual! You know, that sexy pose Rascal is in while antagonizing Ulrick in that one Season 2 episode? That pose!)

I saw a playing card with a bright blue backing float down to me.

I plucked it from the air, turning it around so it was facing me.

"Hello, father!" A girl with white hair and dark blue eyes smiled a bit nervously.

"Hello, darling! What's wrong?" I smiled.

"Um, sorry. I just remembered that I threw that golden dagger into the side yard. So..."

"Alright, (Y/n). I have to admit, I was a tad worried when you sent your card, because I told you to do that if sonething was wrong. Ha ha!"