Chapter 14: Cold

Hello, I'm on a writing hype today! It doesn't help that I'm bored, so... new update!

~~~

(5:16 pm, on Thursday, September 14th, 2018)

Your Perspective:

You were standing with your father in your kitchen.

Your father was hurt badly, but still smiling.

"Ha ha, you don't listen to me, and you don't listen to master! You're growing up to be a superb minion."

Your father shook his head.

"You could even surpass Nogo if you wanted, and become a shadow Queen! Or even a dark Empress! Ahahaha!!!"

You fidgeted. Your father's talk was making you uncomfortable.

All that you did was help him when he was in a tight spot. Could you really-

And then you remembered. Master had praised you.

You had floated down onto a pool of glass, it had rippled like water, and the wheel of doom appeared.

The Emperor had said, "(Y/n), you have done well. You have prevented Jubilara's plan. She could not carry out her plan with me talking to you like this."

What had he meant? Jubilara's plan? Did you really stop a sinister plot? All you had done was free your father.

"(Y/n)... (Y/n)... (Y/n)!" Your father snapped in your face.

"Sorry, father. I was in my own head, and-" You said nervously.

Your father laughed. "It's alright. I was only making a comment."

"Um, what was it?"

"I was saying that I should go back to the Shadow Realm-"

"Please don't!" You said without thinking.

"And why is that?" Your father crossed his arms.

"I don't want Aunt Brooha, Uncle Ulric, or Uncle Brute to harm you again." You said with a little bit of confidence.

Your father tilted his head innocently, opening his mouth.

"I know that you can't die like humans, but-" you gulped. "It just scares me a little!"

"I understand! I'll stay here, then! Since that is so obviously what you want!" Your father smiled.

Your father dragged you up the stairs, through the hallway, and stopped outside a room.

"Your bedroom. I mean, the one you made, but never use. I mean, you're not human, so you don't need to sleep. Sorry..." You rambled.

Your father narrowed his eyes. "What's so wrong, (Y/n)? You're very nervous right now."

"I guess that I'm not used to you being here, because you come here to train me and such, but never..." You shook your head.

Your father put his hand on your head. "You're just so cute, (Y/n)! Getting flustered over nothing!"

You laughed. Your father was trying to cheer you up.

"By the way, (Y/n), why are you in your nightclothes?"

"Oh, I was... well, I was worried about Jubilara's sleeping spell, so I just wanted to go to sleep. And then I realized that since you weren't contacting me, Nogo must've been upset. So I checked to see if you were in trouble, you were, and I came to help, not thinking about what I was wearing."