Chapter 18: Glass Bubble

Ah, procrastination as always!!!

I was on Wattpad on my computer, which rarely happens. I thought, "Hey, I should check the Stats on this book!"

I found that most of my readers live in the U.S.A., as expected, but some live in Canada, Sweden, and Great Britain! I live in America, so that's surprising!

That was the only interesting tidbit of info that I found.

Onto the story!!!

~~~

(3:41 pm, on Friday, September 15th, 2018)

Chloe's Perspective:

I opened my eyes. I was lying on grass somewhere unknown to me.

I saw something that looked like a bubble of glass covering the sky, the sky full of energies behind it.

I felt a cold white light hit my skin, it was coming from lamps attached to the glass above me.

I sat up, finding myself not restrained in any fashion.

The girl called (Y/n) was leaning against the outside wall of a building that seemed... familiar...?

(Y/n) stiffened up when she saw me.

"Mother... are you okay now...?"

I glared at (Y/n).

Before I knew it, I blurted out the question on my mind.

"Why do you call me mother and Rascal father?"

"I..." (Y/n) started to say something, but she looked nervous. "I have to ask father before I tell you, to see if it's alright..."

"And why do you have to do that, (Y/n)?" I said, a blank look on my face.

"Mother, father erased your memories of the event, so... I'm sorry. I can't tell you without father's permission."

(Y/n) appeared firm in her answer.

I stood up, changing the topic.

"Where are we?"

"My, I mean, our, house." (Y/n) said quietly.

"Our house? So you truly believe that we are going to live together?"

"Mother..."

"(Y/n), why do you want me to live with you and Rascal?! If I have the option, I'd leave right now!" I shouted.

"Then why aren't you?" (Y/n) screamed.

That was a good question.

My first thought should have been escape, but... instead of trying to leave or run, I talked with this madwoman!

Do I truly care about her? No, it's the negative energy from the Shadow Pact that's clouding my thoughts.

I saw something that was attached to the glass bubble at ground level.

Is that a portal?

(Y/n) looked delighted. "Mother, you're starting to finally be open to our happy-"

I bolted for the portal.

"No, mother!"

Ice bound my wrists and ankles, and I fell facefirst onto the grass.

"Mother, those portals lead out into the rest of the Inbetween World! You wouldn't be able to breathe! You'd die!"

(Y/n) looked ready to cry.