Chapter 5: Dreaming

Hi! Let's get right to the story!

~~~

(5:14 on Monday, September 11th, 2018)

Your Perspective:

You looked up from your book, closing the cover.

"Wow, how did it get so late? I probably should fix myself some dinner." You said out loud to no one in particular.

Your father had left a while ago. He had made sure that you knew he was leaving, since you were so engrossed in your chosen stack of books.

You streched.

You went to the kitchen. It hurt your feelings that your father never ate a single meal with you, but you pushed those feelings aside.

You made yourself some vegtable rice, veggie rolls, and a vegetable smoothie.

You never told your father you were vegetarian. You were more vegan, actually, but you put up with a few grains every now and then.

After all, what was the point? He didn't eat with you anyway.

You ate your "rice" made from cauliflower and broccoli; you ate your wrap made from carrots, potato, spinach, and herbs; and finally, you drank your smoothie made from all the leftover vegtables.

You had no idea why, but milk and meat repulsed you.

You went to library and finished your stack of books at about 8 pm.

You went upstairs, and found the storybook lying on your desk.

You read another chapter:

-Chapter 2-

Rodger was completely determined to figure out everything about that magic mirror Nicholas owned.

For example, why Nicholas insisted that he couldn't take the mirror off.

Rodger did all sorts of tests on it: seeing how durable it was, (it never broke) seeing what it could do in a practical situation, (good luck to the person that owned it and levitation of objects) and what it could do for fun. (For that last one, a lot. It could manipulate shadows, turn ordinary objects into mini monsters temporarily, etc.)

Rodger became so infatuated with the mirror that he grew jealous of Nicholas.

Nicholas told Rodger that he didn't want to have the miror, that if he could give it to a stranger if he could, but that made Rodger angry.

And that is why Rodger tried to steal the mirror from Nicholas.

You set the storybook down. That part gave you the shivers, though you didn't know why.

You had never stolen anything from anyone, had you? You couldn't remember a single time.

Though, there was the fact that...

You looked out the window, trying to divert your attention.

You swear you saw a bunny flying, or rather, walk-levitating to the glass, but when you blinked, it was gone.

I'm hallucinating, you thought. I must be really tired, to imagine a flying rabbit.

You laughed.

You changed into your (your favorite color) nightgown, and went to bed for the night.

~~~

(5:23 on Monday, September 11th, 2018)