Chapter 50

"You excited for baby Shelley?" I asked George as he drove me home. A large smile was plastered across his face, and his dimples were so prominent it was strange.

"Babe, I've never been happier. So, guess we better start thinking of names?"

I gnawed my lip thoughtfully. Id been so caught up with making sure me and George didn't fall out again to even think about naming my little nudger. "Do we want simple or different?" I asked shyly.

"Different." George nodded, slowly turning the corner to our street and pulling up in the driveway. "I think standing out is good. It intrigues people."

"What about Hunter?" I suggested.

"Hmmm.." George mumbled, turning off the engine and getting out the car. He walked to my side and opened the passenger door, holding out his hand for me. My footsteps crunched as i walked over to the door and opened it.

George had his hand buried in my jumper from the distance from the car to the door.

"Why are you getting protective now?" I snapped. For some unknown reason, my mood had just changed. I was probably getting oversensitive. Again.

George jumped slightly at my sudden temper. "Sorry."He mumbled, dropping his arm to his side. "Just didn't want you falling over."

"What, just because Im pregnant you think i can't walk in a straight line anymore?!"

"No, not tha-"

"I don't need your help with everything! You'll be tying my shoes next! If i fall over, i fall over, alright?!"

"Bella, calm down. i just thought you might trip and fall on your stomach and hurt it."

I felt anger erupt inside of me at the word "it."

"IS THAT ALL OUR BABY IS TO YOU? AN 'IT', A POINTLESS LITTLE THING?" I screamed, pushing him away. George stumbled backwards, staggering and falling over. He stood up, trembling. His knuckles were twitching and his breathing was heavy. I could tell he was going to lose his temper any second so i cautiously stepped towards him.

"George, baby..." i held out my hand, despite the fact he looked like he would grab it and snap my wrist in two.

"Step away, please." He begged.

"I didn't mean to snap."

"Bells get AWAY!" George yelled with such a rage boiling in his voice i was terrified for my own safety. I opened the door and slammed it shut after i darted in, and leant against it. Id just kicked it all off again.

It was all going so well..