Chapter 23

*Bellas P.O.V.*

"They'll both be fine." The nurse reassured me, patting my shoulder. "The biker has a few broken ribs and bad concussion, a fractured skull and his leg is broken in several places, but he will be fine. Your gentleman friend has just a mild concussion, however we have monitored both of their hearts to see if there are any problems, but your friend seems to have a heart murmur. If you would like to visit him, he is in room 342 down that corridor."

"Thank you." I chewed my lip and watched the nurse walk away before sprinting to George's room. He was layed in bed, still in his suit, with a wet flannel wrapped around his head. His eyes were closed, his cheeks flushed from sleep.

"George?" I whispered, sneaking over to him. There was a blue leather chair beside his bed, so I sat on it. "George?" I repeated, touching his cold hand. He groaned, screwing up his face.

"No, Rus, let me sleep."

"It's not Russell." I smiled, tugging at his sleeve. "It's me, Bella."

He bolted up, the flannel falling off his head and attacking his face. His perfect brown eyes stared into mine.

"I'm sorry." He choked. "I didn't mean to do it. I just wanted you to be afraid of me because I'm not a good person and you really don't understand Bella-" He took a deep breath in. "You need to stop hanging around with me otherwise you will get hurt, and I dont want you to ok so I think you should leave now."

"What if I dont want to leave? What happens if this is all in your mind, what if you only think I don't look up to you because you think no one loves you because of your past, what if you dont realize how much I need you George?" I clenched the sheets in my fist, staring at him. "What if, after all we've been through, you're afraid of me?"