Chapter 34

*George's P.O.V*

I sat in furious silence all the way home from the hospital, glaring out the window and tugging at a loose strand of fabric on my suit.

"You'll have to speak sometime." John nudged me with his elbow, switching gears. "You cant just blank me out."

The car pulled up closer and closer to Kane's house, where we normally leave the car.

"Why aren't you talking to me, anyway? It's Russell you're pissed at."

"Shut up John." I grumbled, twizzling the thread around my forefinger. John sighed and turned the engine off. "Get out the car, George."

I almost kicked the door open, slamming it behind me in hope the glass would shatter to a million pieces. It didn't.

"Stupid piece of shit." I growled, clenching my fists until I felt like my knuckles were going to ricochet out of my skin and kill someone.

"Get a grip, Shelley." John snorted. "Just go home, sit down, get a beer and chill out. I've got stuff to discuss with Kane."

I smirked sarcastically, then turned and marched in the direction of the trees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finally made it home, Adam and the boys were gathered round the tv. "G, you missed it!" Tyler yelled at me without turning round.

"Yeah, someone's been killed!" Russell agreed.

I ignored them, walking into the kitchen and throwing open the fridge. A bottle of ketchup fell off the top shelf and smashed on the floor.

"Fuck." I moaned, grabbing some cloth and wiping it up, putting the broken shards in the bin. Then I went back to the fridge and picked out a Fosters, cracking the top open and listening to it fizz.

"So who's been ticked off this time?" I asked calmly, wiping the droplets of water running down my hand as I walked into the lounge.

"No idea." Russell said, watching me down a mouthful of beer. "Someone, called.." He waited for the name. "Someone called Rachel Davies."

I didn't even have time to register the horror, all i know was she was a Davies, and so was Bella.Suddenly, my body stopped working. My fingers felt flimsy and loose. The can fell from my hand, clattering against the floor. Froth exploded on the floor.

"Thats Bella's mum." I whispered hoarsely. The boys stared at each other in shock.

"Shitting fuck." Adam gasped.

"When did this happen?" I choked.

"Last night. They found shopping in her car, so she had obviously been out."

It all made sense now. "I know who did it." I whispered. "Liam. He knows about Bella, and..and if he kills people she loves, she'll go after him. Thats what he wants! Then I'll go after her, its the perfect trap. But then, if Rachel is already dead, that means..."  Sickening thoughts ran through my head, and then it hit me.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I yelled. We need to leave! NOW!"

The boys jumped up, grabbing their jackets. "What the fuck is going on, George?"

"Liam is waiting for Bella at the house! She left, after she came back, right?"

"Right."

"So if Liam killed off her mum before Bella reached the house, he will have had time to get there and lie in wait. Bella has no fucking idea what she's gotten herself into."

"Well, what if he's already taken her?"

I wanted to puke. Bella has either already been taken and is half dead somewhere, or Liam is planning her abduction as we speak.

"Shit". I groaned, picking up the motorbike from the tree roots.

"Russell, Adam, Tyler, you take the car, I'll take the bike. It's me Liam wants, it's me he's gonna get."