Chapter 30

"Seriously?" I gasp. "He's that obsessive?"

"You have no idea. If he gets so angry, loses it for a split second and you're too close, you will die. And then who will he live for? Not any of us, that's for fucking sure. He'll go nuts and kill himself, or kill countless people non-stop until he feels that he's killed enough to make up for your death. Why didn't you listen to Russell when he said you shouldn't get involved?" Tyler was getting seriously pissed now. I winced at how strong he was, knowing there would be bruises where his fingers were digging into my skin.

"I'm sorry! Really!" Tears were threatening to flow over my cheeks if anyone yelled at me again.

"Sorry cant do anything! Dont you understand? This is how it's gonna happen. You befriend George. George becomes attached to you. He gets confused about his feelings. You make him mad, he goes on killing spree. He calms down and you become friends. And then friendship becomes relationship. And then, this is how a relationship with George works. You cheat on him? Dead. You look at other guys? They're dead and you're next. You break up with him? You're dead and then he commits suicide. Do you see?"

"So I've basically spelled certain death for myself?"

"If you play your cards right, you can live. But it normally means you spend the rest of your life with George. And you cant do that."

"I can." I stick out my chin defiantly. "I can win this, sick twisted game. Ive nearly defeated it anyway. It's all over soon."

Tyler scoffed. "That's where you're wrong, Bella. The game has only just begun."