Chapter 8

*Bellas P.O.V*

I was so totally ready to go home. All together, this was too much for me to handle.

I clasped my arms, rubbing them desperately to try and make my body temperature rise, even just a few degrees.

It was really starry outside, and in an attempt to distract myself from the blood freezing temperatures, I tried counting them.

I knew I couldn't go back inside.

Hailey was playing face-sucky with a dude that we probably didn't even know, and Avery would be hanging around with Aimee and Brooke and Hannah, getting drunk and grinding any boys they could sink their slutty claws into.

Russel and the boys were gone.

So it was just me.

I got to two hundred and sixty one stars when a hooded face blocked my vision.

I gulped, shuffling backwards slowly, my shorts ripping on a loose nail. My internal organs were throwing themselves around inside me in a frenzy, and this time it felt like my heart was trying to hacksaw it's way out of my ribs.

"Hey." A deep male voice says gruffly.

I knew who it was. I had to watch what I was saying extremely carefully, one wrong syllable could end up with getting a bullet through the back of my throat.

My fear must have been easy to read, because George chuckled. It wasnt very loud, and it was very short, but he definitely laughed.

"Relax Bella." He said. Then raised his long arms, and twirled round, his long hoodie strings dancing in the air.

"No weapons, see? No gun." He patted his pockets, trying to prove he was clean.

The 'I believe you' face I was trying to pull must have sucked. Real bad. He sighed and sat on the porch, a few inches away from me.

I must have been literally sending freaking panic waves, and he could tell he was already scaring the crap out of me.

"Im not here to hurt you Bells." He says, almost trying to comfort me.

"It's Bella!" I automatically corrected him before my mind even had time to process who I was saying this to. I clapped a hand over my mouth, breathing lightly.

It was all silent.

I love you mum, I thought, im going to die right here, he's going to strangle me with his bare hands, and leave me here, dead, to rot away with the rest of the porch.

"Bella." He corrected himself quietly.

I was taken back at his sudden change in character. What happened to the bloodthirsty maniac that wanted to shoot me an hour ago? Why was he being so.. different? This new George looked rather shy, hands covered by his hoodie, his long fingers fiddling with the dirty string hanging off his shoulder. His shoulders were a tiny bit more relaxed, and his eyes weren't filled with hatred. Those beautiful eyes i saw hours and hours ago looked almost calm.

"Yes George?" I asked.

He shuffled around awkwardly, his eyes scanning the road.

"I-i-i just wanted to say im.." He whispered, unable to get the last word out. I huddle my bare knees closer to my chest, trying to find some warmth in my body somewhere. Out the corner of my eyes, I saw George's hand fiddle with his zip, taking his hoodie off like he's going to hand it to me, but then the jerk part of him shows up again, and he wraps it back around himself, the corners of his mouth kinking up into a sly grin.

"I wanted to come and say you looked really nice." he managed to choke out, staring at his tatty trainers.

Despite my gut wrenching fear that he was going to murder me in 3.8 seconds, I smiled slightly. "Thank you." I say graciously.

"I was just a bit drunk, and things got out of control." his head turns and his eyes lock onto mine. My brain turns to mush and my heart grows wings.

No. I thought. He's a murderer Bella, get a grip of yourself.

A car pulls into the road, and George's eyes snap away from mine and glare at the car. Panic flashes across his pale, moonlit face for less than a fraction of a second, then he jumps up, letting out a low menacing growl.

What the hell was he? A werewolf?!

My eyes turn to the car, and the neon yellow and dark blue I know in an instant.

It's the police.

"Probably here because the neighbors complained." I glanced at George, and I dont think I've ever seen a human stand so still. His arm muscles were popping through the sleeves, the tips of his long, tanned fingers twitching only slightly.

"Follow me. Now." He ordered, then grabbed my arm. He may have been strong but now he was gentle, tugging me out through the kitchen again. He winked those amazing eyes at every girl he passed, but when they noticed him pulling me, they turned their noses up. I realized what it looked like.

"George, it looks like we're going to.. do the deed." I try to say as quietly as possible, covering the giant hole right where my butt was on my shorts.

He drags me out into the garden, the cold air beating me up again. He runs frantically up to the fence, searching for a way out. He walks behind the shed, and lets out a loud shriek of triumph. His head pokes back round, his messy curls blowing in the wind.

"Bella, through here." He whispered, and I ran after him. Sure enough, he had found a loose plank of moulding wood and was repeatedly slamming himself against it.

He was weird.

The ear shattering sound of splintering wood meant George had finally managed to shoulder beat the crap out of that plank.

His hand brushes my hand, and tingles rocket up my arm, spreading round my body. A sudden warmth takes over me, and I follow him through the gap. I come out into a huge, wide empty corn field filled with scratchy crops, cutting my legs.

Where was George?