Chapter 17

(A/N): Just do a quick note here haha.. Yeah. So, when Bellas mother says "Josh", we actually mean George because Bella had to lie to her mother about George because if her mum found out that Bella was friends with a criminal, she would call the police and ground Bella for life. So when it says "Josh" remember, it's actually George. Ok :) next chapter in Friday!!

Love Frankie ;D xx

"Bella!" Mum yells, wrapping me in her arms the moment my foot touches the floor. "How are you sweetie?"

"Uhm. Fine." I wriggle my shoulders uncomfortably. "Mum?"

"Yeah?"

"Ow." I cough, my ribs feeling like they were going to splinter in about seven seconds.

"Oops, sorry baby." She releases her vice like grip on me, smiling.

"How was Georgina?"

I snigger, biting my lip so I don't burst out laughing. "She's fine." I giggle. "And Josh is coming to take me out soon." I smile at my little secret.

"Oh, honey! A boy!" Mum chuckles, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Im so proud of you! Do you want something to eat? Are you hungry?" She asks, bustling me into the kitchen and down into a cold seat. "I made soup, I can heat it up if you're hungry and it's really tasty it's so lovely and warm it really warms up your insides-"

Now it's usual for my mum to talk fast and act all weird, but it's just because she misses Dad.

"Mum, sit down. You're getting all panicky and stressed again. Come on, calm down. He is coming home mum, I can feel it. He'll be back very soon. You are Rachel Davies. You are strong." I whisper in my most reassuring voice. She shudders in my arms, and I prepare for the tears. Instead, she bursts into peals of hysterical nervous laughter. "Oh Bells." She sighs, still laughing. "I should be the one comforting you! What would I do without you?"

I slowly raise my hands off her shaking shoulders, and she takes my hand, flashing me a loving smile.

"How come you're able to keep it all together, and im here running round like a headless chicken." She chuckles at her own joke, then decides to be serious.

"What time is this young man coming?" She asks sternly, emphasizing the words 'young man'.

I think back to what George said.

"Eight. Sharp."

Mum looks at the clock.

"Half an hour! Go and get dressed!"

She puts her hands on my back, propelling me up the stairs.

"Shower!" She yells up to me as run into the bathroom. I shake my head fondly. "Mothers." I smile.

****************************************

My shower was short. I gently rinse the soapy lather out of my hair, along with the fruity coconut conditioner, wrapping my head in a towel. I cover the rest of my body and dart out of the bathroom to my bedroom.

Mum had layed out a dress on my bed. A beautiful black, strapless silk dress with a sequence bodice. I gasp at its perfection, and admire the shoes beside it. Black velvet open toe wedges. Cute!

I quickly dry myself off, throwing on undies and a bra, and slip into the dress.

It fits perfectly, showing off all my curves and falling just above the knees.

"Oh, Shelley you better be dressed smart." I think aloud. "If he's dressed in jeans and a hoodie I will give him a firm kick in the shins."

I giggle to myself, trying to picture his reaction in my head, not focusing on the curling iron tangled into my damp hair.