CHAPTER 17: The Realist

Finn promised he would tell Wyatt what happened. The two of them were out and the plan was for Finn to schmooze him, then break the news. You were super anxious, but the girls and you were hanging out, so you tried to get your mind off of it.

Everyone went crazy when you told them Finn and you kissed.

Millie was beyond excited. "Oh my gosh! Really?! I can't even - oh my - I'm so happy right now!" she squealed giddily. Her tiny frame couldn't contain her happiness.

Sadie was happy for you, but not as much as Millie. You couldn't blame her. She failed many times at asking out Caleb, her longtime crush. After that many rejections, one could only be so happy when seeing others succeed.

Sophia was being a realist, however. "I'm happy for you, y/n. I really am - " her voiced trailed off.

"But..." you continued her phrase.

"But," she paused, "imagine the backlash from the public. You were seen with Finn, then Wyatt, and now your going back to Finn? They won't be able to understand!" Her words hit you hard, but her tone was sweet and sympathetic. You knew she was right, but you were hoping she was wrong.

"Can we just watch Keeping Up now?" Millie suggested, seeing the conversation heading south. You looked over and mouthed "thank you."

The show started off with a bang, Kim screaming about some first-world issue to her sisters. You watched in awe, but still could only think of what was happening between Finn and Wyatt.

-------

"Y/n!" Millie shook you awake. "How could you be sleeping!" She looked annoyed.

"Yeah, because this is soooo interesting!" Sophia joked sarcastically. You and Sadie giggled.

Millie scoffed, but got over it quickly. She shoved her phone in her face and questioned if you'd seen the pictures.

"The pictures?" you furrowed your brows, but looked at her screen. Pictures of Finn and Wyatt playfully hanging out with each other lit up the screen.

 Pictures of Finn and Wyatt playfully hanging out with each other lit up the screen

"They look like they're having fun," you were relieved

"They look like they're having fun," you were relieved. The other girls agreed and you all continued to watch the show.

"Wyatt probably doesn't even know yet..." Sophia mumbled.

{I love Sophia irl but i made her a bitch yikes. But she's the only one thinking logically tbh.}