CHAPTER 28: Still Together

You peeked out of the window onto the Manhattan streets. The bright lights of the city amazed you. You sighed in complete adoration.

"Shit, that's a lot of people!" Chosen and Jaeden were pressed against the window. You looked over to their side and saw a line of mostly teenage girls outside of a record store. Your blood boiled a little when you thought about the reason those girls were there.

Millie started to rub your upper back when she saw you growing agitated. You sent her a small grin before returning to your thoughts. Soon, the car arrived at the back entrance to the venue. One by one, you all stepped out of the vehicle.

Suddenly, the empty sidewalk became crowded with fans with their phones out. You pushed yourself through the flashes and into the building. The sound of the band warming up filled your ears.

Then suddenly you heard Finn's voice getting closer. "Hey guys!" he jogged up to the group. He looked at everyone and stopped when his eyes met yours. "Wow," he let slip out as he exhaled. You blushed and looked to your feet. Millie shifted next to you and grabbed your hand.

"Shall we?" she grinned. You nodded and followed her to the wings of the stage.

As soon as a fan in the crowd got a glimpse of one of you backstage, there were deafening screeches. When the band walked out, they had to calm everyone just to get a word out.

As they went through the set list, you found yourself really enjoying yourself. You bobbed your head and even started dancing a little. Finn and the rest of his band played some of your favorite songs, given you had the same taste in music.

"All right, everyone calm down for a second," Finn said to the crowd as he took the guitar of of him. He walked off stage and grabbed an acoustic guitar before turning to you. He held his hand out to you and whispered, "Please, I have to make it up to you." You looked over to Millie and furrowed your brows. She shrugged and nodded her head.

Sighing, you placed your hand in his. "Fine." He walked you to center stage and you were blinded by the lights. Your breath hitched as you saw all the cameras on you.

"Hello again," he said into the mic. "This is y/n and I've been quite the dick to her. So, I wanted to sing this to make it up to her." He looked over to you and smiled. As soon as he started playing, you recognized the melody.

He was playing Still Together by Mac DeMarco. He was playing a love song. It was so raw and beautiful. Just his warm voice and the acoustic guitar.

"In time she'll see that her and me were meant to be together
And time will pass, it may go fast but we'll still be together
And where I go, she's at my side half of my life together
It's easy love, fits like a glove from up above together"

By now, tears had welled up in your eyes. There was no denying it: you loved this boy. The thought of spending the rest of your life filled the void you had.

"I've had my share, it's just not fair that we should be together
But if it's fine that I've done my time, let's walk the line together
And when she's low, I'll always know, we'll always go together
It's easy love, fits like a glove from up above together"

The moment that last "together" left his mouth, you turned to him and placed your hand on his perfect cheek. You took in his beautiful features once more. You smashed your lips against his. Both of your lips moved in synchronization as if they were made for each other. You felt a smile grow on his face as you two continued kissing. When you pulled back, you both had wide grins on your face. The loud applause snapped you back to reality. Turning to the audience, your cheeks warmed and you smiled in embarrassment.

But you looked back to the boy in front of you and suddenly, you didn't feel empty.

THE END.

{it hurt so much to end this book omg.}