Ch. 14: Shura's Training Camp!

~SONG: HYSTERIA  ACOUSTIC VER. - SUNG BY NANO~ (has nothing to do with this chapter I just like the song :] )

I awoke naked, lost in fog, My black hair floated weightlessly about my face in a slow and rippling manner as if I were afloat in the ocean. The only thing I could think was Where the hell is all the gravity?

Then all of a sudden the gravity returned. My long hair was blown upwards away from my face by the speeding wind that was produced as  I fell downwards towards the earth and was engulfed in white flames. I fell out again in one swift fall and landed then into blue flames. It all came in a flash then I was back in the fog. I saw in the distance a hologram of two people's hands vertically grasped in each other, suddenly one of them let go. Their hand was slipping downward in slow motion as if they were about to fall off a cliff  and all I heard after they let go was a whisper, "I'm sorry..." then I fell into the white flames again, but this time I couldn't escape. The flames were more vicious and horrific. My eyes widened. Are these my flames? They can't be, these flames... no, they have to be mine! They have to! But... but... WHY ARE THEY SCARY!? WHY AM I SCARED!?! I thought frantically as  I struggled to get out, gasping for air. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't breathe, I COULDN'T BREATHE, I COULD BREATHE!!! WHY CAN'T I—

My eyes flew open. I awoke in my bed clutching at my throat as I happily gasped for air, relieved that I could feel the sensation of being able to breathe. I sat up and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I looked over to see Nay-Lee sleeping peacefully and I checked the time, 1:38 am...

"It was just a dream..." I murmured, running my hand through my hair. Manu layed at the foot of my bed staring at me with a dull look, his white fur and yellow eyes completely a glow in the darkness of the room.

"What?" I asked.

"I'd like to sleep peacefully if you dont mind," He said with annoyance.

"Geez well sorry," I said.

"Too late now," he said sitting up. "I'm already awake."

"Tell me what your master was like then, I've been a little curious since the time you mentioned them."

Manu hesitated. "Very well," he said calmly. "Let's go for a ride."

"A ride?"

He hopped down from the bed and walked out of the room. I put on my slippers and my black hoodie and followed him out. He went outside and grew into a gigantic size, I gasped, "You're like the size of a freakin dragon! Bet you Rin's jealous that I'm the one with the awesome familiar! All he has is his little cat thing... what was his name...? Kuro I think? Oh well, I wonder where he's been because I haven't seen him yet."

Manu leaned his huge head down towards me. "Climb on." He said. I jumped up as high as I could and grabbed ahold of his soft white ear, pulling myself up onto his back. I must be the size of a rag doll compared to him...

"Hold on tight." He said. I clutched a fist full of his fur in both my tiny hands and he flew up past the clouds into the night sky, my hair flew about me and I sort of regretted not tying it up before I went out.

Otherwise the wind was calming and the dark blue of the sky around me was captivating. Navy blue... I thought mindlessly. Just like Rin's hair... .... wait! What?! I shook my head at myself, this is ridiculous. I shouldn't be unnessecarily thinking about him.

"I used to take her on rides like this all the time at night when she couldn't sleep." Manu confessed, breaking my thoughts.

"Who, your master?" I asked.