Ch. 27: The Peeping Toms

I opened my eyes to look up at the blue sky.

I dont remember falling asleep... but my back hurts a hell of a lot.

I looked around to see that everyone had to sleep sitting up.

"Air are you awake?" Manu asked. I nodded silently.

"What time is it?" I asked quietly, rubbing my eyes. Rin had fallen asleep on me and I could feel a bit of dampness on my shirt from his drool.

"I dont know but we're in Petersberg right now." He replied.

"Air-chan! I'm tiiirrreed!" Kuro whined.

I stroked his fur. "Sorry, Kuro."

"I need you to take the reins from here, Air so we know exactly which house Alex-kun is in."

"Um alright, I'll see if I can sense it a little I guess. Just fly around a bit and I'll try to keep a look out."

"Make it fast!" Kuro said.

After a couple minutes I felt a sharp pain in my wrist. "Down!" I choked out.

"What?" Manu asked.

"Right now! Here!" I said. "House! The blue one!"

"Which blue one?" Kuro asked.

"Um—" I shut my eyes and felt another stab of pain in my wrist. "106... Three cars in the driveway.."

"Okay I see it." Manu said and they both start to descend downwards quickly and that's when everyone started waking up.

"Ah... my back is killin' me!" Bon groaned.

"Same here..." Miki said as he rubbed his own back.

"Its what we get for sleeping sitting up like a bunch'a freakin' horses!" Shura said.

"Horses sleep standing up..." Koneko murmured.

"We're here, this is Alex's house." I said as Manu and Kuro landed in Alexander's snow-covered front yard and everyone immediately got off and stretched.

"Oh God, the ground!" Haru cried out as he buried his hands into the snow.

Miki snickered and Haru immediately stood back up and cleared his throat, trying to cover up the embarrassment. Kuro and Manu shrunk back down to normal size.

"Damn it's cold!" Shura said as she shivered.

"Well thats what happens when you only wear a bra and booty shorts in November." Rin said. "Air look."

I turned to see Rin holding up an unconscious Kuro who snored with his tongue flopped out. "They must be tired."

"Where's Manu?" I asked. I looked around to Manu's fur completely blended with the snow as he collapsed into it. I treaded through the snow and picked him up in my arms.

"They had to stay up all night." I said.

Everyone else followed me as I went up to the porch and hesitantly knocked on the door. It instantly flew open and I slowly looked up to meet my older brother's light eyes, accidentally letting out a gasp.

It was like looking into a mirror, same hair, same skin, same face, same bone structure. It freaked me out. We both just stood there, staring wide-eyed at each other, surprised by how alike we looked.

"They're the spitting image of each other..." Shura whispered.

"So handsome!" Nay-Lee swooned. "He's like a gender-bended version of Air!"