Chapter 1

You looked out of the car window, seeing nothing but trees roll by. "Dad, are we there yet?" You sighed.

He laughed at your impatientness. "About a half hour left." You put your chin in your palm. "Don't worry, sweetie. Gravity Falls is a wonderful place to live"

"How do you know?" You looked up at him. "Have you been here before?"

Your dad nodded. "Actually, I have. You have, as well. We were living here when your mother died..."

The two of you fell silent. You don't remember much about your mother. You've just heard stories about her. She was a scientist, and she was absolutely obsessed with demons and anything supernatural. She and a long time friend, Stanford Pines, were studying something (nobody told you what it was) when the crash happened, leading to your mother's death.

Your dad sniffed. "Anyway, we can get a brand new start here. You were always telling me about how badly you were getting picked on back home."

That was true. you, like your mother, were obsessed with things like ghosts. You would always try solving mysteries back at home. People thought you were crazy, even though you proved yourself multiple times that you weren't.

"...to solve." Your father was saying.

"What? Sorry, I was thinking." You shook your head, trying to focus.

he smiled. "You always are. I was saying that your mother's old friend has a niece and a nephew visiting for the summer. You should meet them- he thinks highly of them. and, yeah, maybe the three of you can find some mysteries to solve. Could be fun."

You smiled, thinking again. "Yeah, maybe."

Before you knew it, your dad pulled into the driveway leading up to a nice one-story house. Your dad was telling you about how your family owned the house before, but had to sell it after your mom died. You climbed out of the car, looking up at the white house in front of you and the mass amount of trees behind it. you looked at your dad pleadingly, asking silently.

He laughed quietly. "Yes, you can go explore. I can handle here." You grinned, grabbed your backpack, and ran off towards an opening in the trees. "Be home before 10! Be safe! Love you!"

"Love you, too!" You yelled back, disappearing in the trees. you walked around, enjoying the sounds of nature, until you heard rustling behind you. You took your pocketknife out of your pocket, spinning around and flicking it open.

"Woah, calm down." A boy said, holding his hands out in defense. He looked to be about in his teens, maybe 13. He was wearing a red shirt, grey shorts, black shoes, dark blue vest, and a hat with a tree on it.

You relaxed, closing the pocketknife. "Sorry, I get really jumpy. My dad says I get it from my mom." He laughed. "Why were you following me?"

he shrugged. "You just seemed new. I thought you wanted a friend."

You smiled, sticking out your hand. "In that case, my name's (Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n)."

He shook your hand. "Dipper Pines, nice to meet you." The two of you let go. "So... what do you want to do?"

You checked the time on your phone- it was 4:23. "I dunno. What do you do for fun around here?"

"I usually solve mysteries or hang out at the Mystery Shack with my Gruncle Ford."

You stared at him. "What's a 'gruncle'?"

"Short for 'great uncle'. My sister Mable and I made it up. Do you want to meet them?"

"Uh, duh." You said, as if it was obvious. Dipper led you through the forest, as if he knew every part of it. "So, this Ford. What's he like?"

Dipper laughed quietly. "His full name's Stanford Pines. He's really cool. A bit of a nerd, but cool."

"Stanford..." You trailed off, thinking. "It sounds familiar..." You finally remembered. "The journal."

"Journal?" Dipper asked. "What journal?"

You stopped walking and reached into your bookbag, taking out the leather journal. "It was my mom's. She was working on it before she died." You got to the page you were looking of rand read it out loud. "Stanford Pines, an old and good friend of mine, helped me on this case. Together, we discovered Bill Cipher, and have been studying him and his unexplainable magic."

Dipper widened his eyes. "Your mom knew Ford?" He grabbed your arm and began running. "We need to go see him, now."