The Yule Ball.

"So, Aidy-"

"No, Ron."

"Come on, please-"

"I have a date, alright?" she huffed, pulling her cloak tighter around her as they shuffled through the snowfall. It was the Friday before the ball, and the two girls (Adriana and Hermione) were going in for their final fittings with Gemma, and then Aidy was going to stay late to help Gem fill orders. Harry and Ron had only shown up to pester them about their dates. Neither of them would give a single detail.

"Who are you going with?" Ron demanded.

"It's none of your business who were going with." Aidy replied hotly as they entered the village.

"I don't care that it's none of my business." Ron said. "Just spill."

"It's a surprise." Hermione said. "We need to go."

"Your right. Have fun at Honeydukes!" Aidy said, waving to the boys before they raced off to the shop. The pair continued to chat about their dresses as they headed to Gladrags, hurrying so that they could get there before other girls rushed in. Neither talked about her date. Aidy had confided in Hermione alone that she and Draco were going as "friends", and she had (of course) initially reacted negatively, although when Adriana insisted that their relationship was platonic, she warmed up to it a bit by stating that they were going to be a pretty couple at the ball. In turn, Hermione told Aidy that she was going with Viktor Krum, and it took all of her willpower to keep from shrieking in happiness.

As they entered the shop, Aidy tossed her cloak to the side, hurrying through the racks of robes and dresses to the back of the store, where alterations and the dressing rooms were located.

"Hurry, Gemma." Aidy said. Gemma shot to her feet, fingers fluttering over two bundles of fabric before she picked them both up.

"Oh, you two are going to be the belles of the ball! I guarantee it! " she said happily, shoving one bundle over to Hermione and setting the other one very gently into Aidy's arms. With military strictness, she pointed back to the plush purple curtains of the dressing rooms.

"Change. Now." Without delay, Aidy and Hermione each disappeared into the dressing rooms. The silk fitted around her body like water, but she was glad she had come in for a final fitting. The dress didn't sit right on her and bunched up on her tummy.

"Are you two ready?"

"Done, Gem." Aidy said, stepping out first. Hermione stepped out shyly afterwards, blushing shyly. As they looked at each other's dress, Adriana saw that Hermione's was fine, perfect in fact, but even Hermione saw that Aidy's needed serious tweeking.

"Hermione, yours looks perfect." Gemma said with content, considering how fast she'd thrown the dress together. "Go change and take it home."

"Thank you, Gemma." She said gratefully.

"Thank Aidy." Gemma chuckled. "She was very thorough in her measurements."

"So I noticed." She glared at her best friend, who just chuckled at the memory of Hermione hurling clever insults at her as she measured the inseam length.

"Go meet up with Harry and Ron, I need to help Gemma." she said lightly. Hermione nodded thankfully, paid Gemma a sickle for the dress alterations, and headed back into her dressing room.

"Aidy, you have work to do." Gemma said, drawing her wand. Aidy stuck her arms out to the sides. This was nearly second nature for her now; Gemma often used her younger sister as a guinea pig for her (occasionally) outlandish designs. Aidy felt the silk slide over her skin as the waistline rose. "Mmm, that's better. now, I think this would look so much better without the sleeves." She glanced down at the thin sleeves, which did nothing for the dress.