Angel

"Harry, we need to get out of here." Aidy said, and Harry nodded. It was almost as if they knew that they would never speak of their argument again. He led her back over to the castle, but Harry pulled her to the side again as they heard the gruff voice of Hagrid.

"The momen' I saw yeh, I knew." He said in a husky tone.

"What did you know, 'Agrid?" she asked, a low purr in her voice.

"I jus' knew... knew you were like me... Was it yer mother of yer father?"

"I... I don't know what you mean..." she replied, sounding almost frightened.

"It was my mother." Hagrid said quietly. "she was one o' the las' ones in Britain. I can' remember her well, she left when I was 'bout three. Not the Maternal sort, Y'know."

"Oh." Maxime said sympathetically.

"Da' was broken hearted when she lef'. He was a tiny little feller, my dad was. I could pick him up at the age of six with one hand and put him up on the dresser." Maxime laughed, a sound like the ringing of bells.

"But then 'e died righ' before I started school." He said. "Sorta had to make me own way." Maxime looked sympathetic, before Hagrid asked her what side she had it on.

"It ees chilly." she said icily. "I will go in now."

"No, don' go!" Hagrid said. "I've never met another one before!"

"Anuzzer what, precisely?" she replied angrily. Silently, Aidy prayed that he wouldn't answer.

"Another have giabt, o' course!"

"Ow dare you!" she shrieked. From several feet away, a Hufflepuff couple who were snogging fell out of a rose bush in shock. "I 'ave never been so insulted in my life! An 'alf giant? Moi? I-I 'ave big bones!" she shrieked, beginning to stomp away. Aidy pulled Harry along. As soon as they were far enough away, she looked at him.

"Did you know?" she asked Harry.

"No, so what?" Aidy have him such a look that it was apparent that this was a prime example of his ignorance to wizard culture. She understood that Harry had been raised by muggles, but she still couldnt believe that he paid that little attention to History of Magic. She hurried them into the castle, still clucking disdainfully. Of course, lucky enough for them, they walked right into a huge argument.

"He's using you!" Ron shouted. "You've probably figured the egg out for him already!

"I have not!" Hermione shrieked back. "My god Ron! I want Harry to win!"

"Well, you've got a funny way of showing it!"

"The tournament isn't about that, anyway!" Hermione said hotly. "The Tri-Wizard tournament is all about international magical cooperation. To make friends!" she spat. Aidy stepped between them.

"Calm down, you-"

"And you're worse than her!" Ron bellowed at Aidy, who was taken aback. "You're here with Draco Malfoy, for Merlin's sake-"

"And what's wrong with that?" Hermione asked hotly. "Aidy went with Draco, and we all know why, and we can't judge her for who she went with-"

"Malfoy was the first person to ask me!" Aidy said hotly. Harry was smart and kept his mouth shut. "How was I supposed to know that so many people would ask me? I'd already said yes!"

"You're a traitor-"

"And if you were really my friend, you wouldn't care who I went with as long as I didn't end up pregnant or something to that extent." She said, spitting venom. "And I will not stand here and have my 'friend' insult me over my choice of date at the Yule Ball. How stupid is that?" she seethed. "Now stop yelling at Hermione, because the solution to your problems with her would be to man up and ask her to the next ball before someone else does, and not as a last resort! And that goes for you too, Potter!" Harry looked slightly taken aback. She huffed.