Chapter 10

Now it's time to tell my dad. I waited patiently for him to get back from work. I was not looking forward to this.

When he got home, I had some anxiety.

"Dad!" I gave him a hug.

"Hey Alli"

"I need to tell you something."

"Ok, what is it?"

"I'm pregnant!"

"Very funny." He laughed.

"Dad, I'm serious."

"Wait what?"

I explained everything, he yelled at me, my mom talked to him, then I got his support. Today was a stressful day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're keeping this baby." said my mom, "and today I scheduled an appointment on the phone, the appointment is tomorrow."

"Great." I said.

I was actually going to see my baby for the first time. I was 14 weeks pregnant, in the second trimester.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day , my mom took Brad and me to the doctors office. She dropped us off there and she went to a store. We waited for my name to get called in.

When they did call my name, the doctor said she was going to be my doctor through out the entire pregnancy. Her name was Dr. Johnson.

First, she put this gel stuff on my stomach and we got to see the baby.

"He , or she, is so perfect." Brad said to me.

"I know."

Then, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat.

I couldn't believe it, there was actually a baby growing inside me.

"Ok Allison, have you started taking any prenatal vitamins?"

"No." I told her.

"That's ok, you should go buy some preferably today, and take one every day. They sell them at almost every store that has a section with vitamins."

"Oh ok, thank you."

"We'll see you back here in about a month , and maybe then we can find out what you're having."

I smiled, "great."

We left the office and I called my mom to pick us up.

When she got here we got in her car and she drove us home.

"So do you know what you're having yet?" She asked.

"Mom, I'm only 14 weeks. We find out our next appointment though."

"I'm hoping for a boy." Brad chimed in.

"I think we're going to have a girl." I laughed.

I don't mind what the gender of the baby is, as long as he or she is healthy.