Chapter 25 - Date, part 1

Chapter 25 – Date, part 1

FOUR YEARS LATER

CALUM'S POV

I walked towards Luke's bedroom and knocked on his door. When I received no answer, I knocked again. And again. And again. And again. I sighed and put in his password before entering the room. I sighed again when I noticed that the room was dark. It only means that Luke was still asleep. I walked towards his window and opened his black curtains, to let a little bit of sunlight into the room.

"AHHH! IT BURNS!!!" Luke cried out, covering his whole body with the duvet.

I shook my head and sat on his bed.

"Stop exaggerating, Luke." I smiled and pulled down the duvet to meet his red eyes.

He eyed me up and down and up again to meet my still hazel brown eyes. I haven't drank any human blood yet since Luke's blood is all I want and it seemed to satisfy me in more ways than one.

"Why are you all dressed up?" He asked, playing with the edge of my black and white checkered flannel that I draped over my black Drop Dead shirt partnered with my usual skinny jeans and black converse.

"Oh, yeah. Which reminds me..." I paused to grin at his confused face then continued, "I'm taking you out on a date."

Luke stared at me with his mouth open and eyes wide open as he tried to decipher what I just said. I chuckled at his reaction.

"Oh my god..." He whispered and looked down. A hint of red covered his cheeks.

I chuckled again.

"So, get your lazy ass up and get ready so we can go." I said as I patted his head softly.

"Fiiiiiine!" Luke pouted and removed the covers from his topless body and stood up from his bed.

He stretched a few times, giving me the time to admire the way his muscles flex from beneath his skin, my bite marks still visible from the activity we did two nights ago, before grabbing his towel and entering the bathroom.

LUKE'S POV

As I dried my hair with my towel, I stared at myself on the mirror in front of me. I observed the marks on my collarbone, on my neck and the bite mark that Calum left on my skin. I grinned as I recalled his facial expression when I thrusted into him repeatedly that night. Before I had a chance to stop it, I had a raging boner.

"Fuck." I whispered. "Calum, this is the effect you have on me..." I thought to myself before stepping inside the shower again to masturbate at the thought of Calum under me.

CALUM'S POV

It's been forty-five minutes and Luke's still not out of the shower. I stood up and decided to call out to him. But before I could knock on his bathroom door, the door opened revealing Luke with wet hair, droplets of water cascading down his skin with a towel wrapped around his hips. I stared and blushed.

"Sorry, I had to deal with some problems.." He said and proceeded to his closet to choose his outfit for today.

"What problems, Luke? Your heater not working again?" I asked.

"Y-yeah..." He stuttered and I squinted my eyes at him, but decided to shrug it off.

I played with my phone while waiting for Luke to get ready.

"Cal, let's go?"

I looked up and my heart skipped a beat. Luke is wearing his black and white striped long-sleeved shirt, the one that I gave him, paired with his black skinny jeans with rips on both knees and his black converse. I smiled and nodded at him, I pocketed my phone and patted my pockets to make sure that my wallet is with me and we both headed out.

"So, where are we going?" He asked.

"Somewhere cool."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously, Luke."

Four years have passed since I became a vampire, since the war ended and ever since then, the Vampire City has developed in more ways than one. Humans and Vampires lived together in harmony once again and that's why we now call this place "Novae Terrae" which means New World. A lot of things have changed since then and it changed for the better.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Luke intertwined his fingers with mine as we continued to walk down the busy streets of the city.

We decided to try out this new cafe called Starbucks. We entered and the pleasant smell of coffee hit our senses. We walked towards the counter to order our drinks.

"What do you want, Luke? I'll order and you go find us our seat."

Luke nodded and squinted his eyes at the menu to look for something he wants. I stared at him, admiring his face.

"I'll have the Caramel Macchiato, tall." He said.

I nodded and I shooed him away so he can find us our seat.

I ordered his tall Caramel Macchiato, while I ordered my Caramel Frappucino. I added a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake and a slice of Red Velvet cake for us. After I paid, I grabbed our tray of orders and proceeded to look for Luke. I found him sitting beside the window, his chin resting on his hand as he stared at the view outside.

"Hey." I said, to catch his attention as I put our orders on the table.

"Blueberry Cheesecake and Red Velvet, my favorite!" he exclaimed, staring at the cakes in awe.

"I know, that's why I brought them." I laughed and proceeded to drink my frappe.

We sat there in a comfortable silence, just observing the people from outside the window. But my attention was actually on the words of the two females that were occupying the table next to us. They were whispering but I tried so hard to focus on what they were saying.

"That blonde guy is cute."

"Yeah. But the other guy in the flannel is cute, too!"

"We should go talk to them."

"I'm too nervous to go. I'd rather just stay here and stare at them."

"I wanna talk to them."

"Geez, fine. What should we say?"

I blocked out the rest of their conversation and turned my head towards Luke only to find him already looking at me. He was smirking as he put up his hand to rest the side of his face on it, showing his promise ring, the one similar to mine. I looked at him, confused, as I continued to sip on my frappe.

"Oh, look, he has a ring..."

"He's engaged."

"Sucks."

Those were the words of the females that made me realize what Luke was doing. He was doing it on purpose! I snickered and I couldn't contain it anymore as I burst out in a fit of giggles.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you!" I said.

Luke grinned and flipped his imaginary hair.

"I don't have the time to deal with them when I'm already dating you." He replied.

I blushed and took his hand in mine, kissing the ring on his finger.

"Calum...The things you do to me... I just wanna take you right here." He whispered seductively.

"Oh my god, Luke." I laughed.

------------

i've been MIA for like almost a month, i apologize for the lack of updates. the internet signal is not that good in our province. sorry for the delay.

happy new year guys! love you all!