Chapter XXVI

Your POV:
Ben and I spent the remainder of the day together, simply talking and enjoying each other's presence. The med droids cleaned up the wounds I had received in battle while we chatted away, losing any sense of time. As a result I skipped dinner, leaving me extremely hungry as I was eating for two. But it was worth it to be able to talk to Ben again. There was so much I had to catch him up on and it wasn't until I saw Luke standing outside the med bay that I left his side.

"I should probably take this moment to go talk to Luke about letting us leave," I informed him, placing a kiss upon his forehead. "I hope that you sleep well and I will see you in the morning."

"(Y/N), I just want you to know that I love you so much, I am afraid that if I had died you would forget how much I truly care about you," Ben told me, talking my hand in his.

"I would never be able to doubt how much you love me, Ben. Our child is proof of our undying love for one another," I assured him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before leaving the room.

"I see that you and my nephew have been reunited," Luke commented as I left the med bay.

"I still can't quite believe that he's actually awake. I've been afraid of losing him ever since seeing his body on the ground of Ahch-To," I confessed, beginning to walk down the hallway with him.

"Do you think he will be able to handle a visit from me or his mother?"

"I would request that I be there for him should that happen. He is able to give up the dark side, but he has confessed to not being sure if he can rejoin the light or even face you or Leia. I was actually going to ask you about this. I-I was wondering if perhaps, once Ben has recovered, we could leave the Resistance," I responded, knowing that I needed to at least try to get permission for Ben and I to leave.

"What do you mean?"

"Ben's not ready for this change, I was hoping that you would consider sending us into hiding on some planet, honestly it doesn't matter where. You would have my promise that I would keep him from the dark side, but Ben wouldn't have to be so surrounded by the light."

"(Y/N), you made a promise that the two of you would turn, this is why we agreed to give him medical attention in the first place," Luke pointed out, clearly not agreeing to this proposition.

"Please, Luke, Ben isn't ready for this. Besides, I was the one who made the deal, he had no part in it. Even if you aren't willing to send both of us away, at the very least let Ben leave. He didn't promise to turn to the light, he should be exempt."

"You do realize that if we were to send Ben away without you, you wouldn't be able to see him again."

I nodded, tears glistening in my eyes, "I-I understand, but I still stand by my request. Please, send Ben someplace safe and let him wait out this war without having to choose sides."

Luke stopped walked and looked at me, curiosity in his eyes, "why would you do this? I've seen how much you care for Ben, you are hardly away from his side. Why would you propose something that would keep the two of you separated by galaxies?"

"Sometimes it is worth sacrificing your own happiness to ensure the happiness of the one you love," I replied, despite knowing that sending Ben away without me would break my heart. "I am willing to go through the pain to try to alleviate the pain that Ben feels."

"I-I will talk to Leia about this, but I can't make any promises. The Resistance has spent their resources to keep him alive, I don't know if they'll be willing to just send him away once he has recovered. Besides, doing so might end up proving dangerous as he won't be able to be watched by anyone, thus having the potential of giving into the darkness once more. Another thing would be the dangers he would face, especially with the chance that the First Order would be able to find him. But nonetheless, I will see how Leia stands on this matter and get back to you."

"Thank you, Luke, I know he will appreciate it," I gave him a small smile before peeling off down a side hallway to where my room was.

"(Y/N)?" Luke called out, causing me to turn back around. "Good job today, you would have made your mother proud."

I gave him a small smile, "I was focusing more on making Ben proud to he completely honest. He is quite relieved that Snoke is gone, the power that Snoke had over him was torturing him."

~

Luke's POV:
I watched as (y/n) walked down the hall to her room, admiring her willingness for self sacrifice. Even so, I didn't feel that she was making the right decision in this case. Left alone, I was afraid that Ben would revert back to the darkness and then pose as a threat to the Resistance. That would in turn cause Ben and (y/n) to be fighting on the opposite side of the war, something that would be painful for both of them.

But I understood where she was coming from and I did want to talk to Leia about it. Although I was leaning more to not letting him go, I was still torn on the matter so I figured another's opinion would help me come to a definite decision. Because it was her son that we were debating over, I knew that Leia was the best person to go through.

I knocked on her bedroom door, only having to wait a moment before she answered, her hair hanging freely down her back and dressed in a simple white nightgown. She gave me a confused look and asked, "Luke, what are you doing here at so late an hour?"

"Leia, there is something I must discuss with you concerning your son, may I come in?" I requested, noticing the flicker of concern in Leia's eyes when I mention it was about Ben.

"Of course, what has Ben done this time?" She questioned, opening the door wider for me to enter through and then closing it once I had stepped into her room.

"He has done nothing wrong, but I have just had a conversation with (y/n). She claims that Ben is adamant about letting go of the dark side, but is not yet ready to embrace the light. She has requested that we bring him to some distant planet so that he does not have to choose a side in this fight, but I am torn between letting him go or forcing him to stay."

"What are your thoughts so far?"

"If he were to stay, we might be forcing him into a change that he's not ready for, which can easily back fire on us or result in him being more emotionally unstable. But if we let him go, the First Order could find him or he might revert back to the darkness we are trying to pull him from. Both options can have serious repercussions so I am not sure which to go with. What do you think about it, he is your son after all."

"He may be my son, but I hardly know him anymore. (Y/N) seems to know him best and if she is the one requesting his leave, then that might be the best option for him. Yes, it might prove dangerous simply letting him back into the galaxy on his own, but forcing him into something he's not ready for just doesn't seem right. I would have to let him go, I think it is what is best for him as an individual."