~Chapter 4~

*Third POV*
David, Simon, and Amanda impatiently waited in the waiting room. Amanda sighed and put her head on Simon's shoulder.

"What happened to Alesha that made us have to come here? You never did give me a full explanation." Simon asked and David agreed.

"I found out at the nurses' desk that she had an argument and she apparently hit her head and it knocked her unconscious. That's what she's in surgery for they think she needs either stitches or staples." Amanda said sadly. David felt a small pang in his heart just imagining never getting to tell Alesha about his true feelings towards her.

~Time skip of 25 minutes~

"Visitors of Alesha Dixon." A short pale and blonde nurse called out into the waiting room. The others quickly stood and walked over to the nurse. "Is she alright? " "Can we see her?" Amanda and David asked

"Yes come this way please." the nurse said walking down a hallway and stopped in front of the hospital door number 487. "Thank you Madam." David said nicely getting a nod from the nurse. Amanda opened the door to the room which was filled with the steady constant beep of the machines hooked up to a sleeping Alesha whose head was bandaged.

Amanda and Simon stood on the left of the bed and David was on the right. David stared at the barefaced makeup free face of Alesha and noticed discoloration around her right eye. He stared in shock and brushed his thumb over the bruise. He bit his lip and moved his hand to hers and brushed his thumb over her knuckles.

Alesha's eyes began to open and close before she fully woke up. She looked around confused and afraid.

"Where am I? Ugh my head hurts."  She groaned and her eyes darted around the room.

"Hey, Calm down you're in the hospital. You hit your head badly and you had to have surgery." Amanda said reassuringly. Alesha calmed down and looked around then to her hand that David was holding. She blushed and pulled her hand away quickly at the sound of the doorknob being turnt.

Everyone turned their attention to the door to see Michael enter.

Amanda glared at him as Simon whispered into her ear to stay calm as he put his arms around her.

Alesha's eyes widened to the size of quarters "Get away from me." She said her voice quivering with fear. "Love it's only me." Michael said walking closer to the bed. "No! I said get away!" Alesha shouted afraid. Simon and David stood in front of Michael blocking his path to the bed.

"You heard her you asshole! She doesn't want you here!" David said angrily. Everyone looked at David in shock as he rarely gets angry or swore.

"What'd you just call me gay boy?" Michael asked intimidatingly puffing out his chest.

"You heard me because I didn't fucking stutter." David said slipping his coat off. Simon stood between the other two men turning to Michael shaking his head.

"Move out of my way." Michael said pushing Simon out of the way and to the side. He stepped forward and slapped David. David touched his own cheek before balling up his fist and delivering a punch to Michael's face sending him back. Simon rushes back in front of David and held David back from attacking again just a nurse came in with security. "He's not worth it David." Simon said using his force to keep David back.

"Did it hurt? I hope it did so now you can feel what this woman this lovely woman had to endure when you laid your hands on her. I know your mother taught you better than that. Take this as a warning if I ever catch you laying your hands on Alesha or another woman I swear I'll hurt you far beyond than what you've ever felt before. You coward!" David spat his hair losing its quiff and falling onto his forehead.

Security helped Michael off of the floor and placed him in handcuffs. "Sir you are hereby under arrest under the suspicion of assault and attempted murder. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in the court of law." The officer said. (idk what they say in the UK so I improvised)

Amanda stared in shock at what just happened.

*Alesha POV*

I stared in silence at Michael being taken away. I felt a sense of relief over come me but that soon was lost. Before he got dragged out of the room he gave me this terrifying glare that sent chills down my spine as he mouthed the words 'I'll get you.'

The feds took him away and the room fell silence again. David and I made eye contact and our eyes locked onto each other's.

Amanda could feel the tension as she had made up an excuse so she and Simon could leave the room. She stopped in front of David before leaving the room and said. "You might as well just come clean to her." I raised my eyebrow in question as she smiled and waved before closing the door.

It was just us now and the tension grew even more. I mustered up the courage to break the silence by asking "What did she mean by come clean to me?"

David's face turned pink and I patted the bed beside me. He walked over and sat on the bed then he took a deep breathe.

"I know we've only known each other for a few years now, but I've just got to let you know how I feel. From the first day we met, it was like I've known you forever. You were just so nice, and you made me feel at ease right away. That's the kind of girl you are, so nice to everyone. I don't think I've ever heard you say anything mean about anyone. That's why when I found out you were going through so much pain it awoke something in me. Anyway, it just makes me realize how special you truly are.

So, I'm kind of nervous about saying this, but here goes. I really like you. Not just as my friend, but as a girl that I'd like to be my girlfriend. Maybe I should have waited for you to say something first, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I've wanted to tell you for months, but I didn't have the courage until now." David said.

I felt my face get hot as I didn't know what to say. I had feelings for him too but I couldn't conjure up words.

David got off the bed a bit of disappointment in his eyes. He probably thought I didn't feel the same for him. So I did the first thing that I wanted to do for years.

I pulled David's arm and got his attention then I pulled his face to mine and kissed his lips. I felt a spark and began to feel fluttery. I broke the kiss and spoke up.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. I've always liked you too I just didn't have the mind to say it. I was afraid that I would be rejected and be stuck with 'him' as you were all ready married to Lara. And I know this is wrong of me to say but I'm kinda happy about that because that means I can tell you knowing it won't cause any trouble." I said looking down and fidgeting with my fingers.

I felt David's hand lift my chin up to look him in his eyes. I kissed back as I felt his lips touch mine again that same spark was there.

He broke the kiss and said "Alesha would you like to be my girlfriend? I promise I will never hurt you as he did. I could take care of you better than he can. A girl like you are too valuable and you deserve a gentleman."

"I would love to be your girlfriend, David."