Ben Gillies

After so long, it's finally been rewritten!                    Year: 1996Imagine:You've been waiting months for this day to finally arrive and here you are driving to the show itself

                  Year: 1996
Imagine:
You've been waiting months for this day to finally arrive and here you are driving to the show itself. The show being the Royal Easter Show in Sydney, where your favourite band Silverchair were playing.

You arrived early to get yourself a good spot in the crowd and have a good few hours to look around too.
Upon getting through the entrance, you saw that the grounds were packed full of people of all ages, to see other bands and Silverchair play.
You decided to go explore and amuse yourself until the show.
Walking around you noticed that there was large groups of people in one area and two interviewers walking with a camcorder talking to people, you took little interest in this and carried on with what you were doing.

Being in Australia, the temperature was very warm and had gotten to you quicker than you expected, you wanted to find some shade to cool off in, you looked at your watch and saw it was 1 o'clock "could use with some lunch" you spoke to yourself mentally. Getting lunch and finding a lucky spot underneath a well shaded tree, you rested your body up against it, with your sunglasses covering your eyes but able to see the two males making their way over to you "hi, just wanted to ask if you had any questions you'd like to ask Silverchair ?" One of the males asked, you took a second to process his question "I do yes" you paused and began to ask the questions "what inspired Frogstomp lyrically, and what bands influenced you to start a band of your own ?" Once you'd said those two questions there was a brief silence when the guys started to quietly natter between themselves "how would you like to come and meet the band themselves ?" You happily said you'd like to meet them, and was journeying nearing backstage where the band were in hiding until they come out on stage.

Walking out you saw a tent with Ben, Chris and Daniel sitting down "keep your cool y/n" breathing out lightly so no one but you heard. Their heads turned to look at the interviewers and you, walking towards them "hiya guys, my name is Wally and this is.." "I'm y/n" you spoke shyly to them.
The interview had started off with Wally showing the guys previous questions and them responding to them differently or agreeing, then you heard your voice and knew it was your questions being relayed, they seemed impressed and made small conversations with you on answering them.
Most of the time Ben was gazing at you with a small smile "aww has Ben got a crush" laughed Daniel while glancing between you and his bandmate "I don't..shut up" Ben defended going slightly red, everyone seemed intrigued on what Dan had called out, you kept signs of embarrassment to a minimal.
"Any other questions you'd like to ask ?" Both Wally and Chris said in sync, catching you all off guard and laughing, making things less tense. "Yes" you began asking the question but got stuck on trying to think of the word you were looking for, Ben had been helping you by saying words until it was the right one for the topic, this continued and started to make the whole tent laugh, after a few moments Ben and yourself stumbled upon the lost word making you re-ask the question.
This brought an ongoing topic up between the guys and yourself, mostly between Ben and you, as Chris and Daniel were sat there mocking.

"It was great to meet you guys, thank you for the opportunity" Wally spoke saying goodbye, you were about to leave to when Ben had caught up with you "y/n wait, I was wondering if you'd stick around after the show ? You don't have to it's just.." losing a little bit of your "cool" you had agreed and gave him a quick hug to show you'll stay and see him again, you walked out happier than going in.

*after the show*
The show was amazing, you had managed to get a row away from the barriers which was a good place, since the whole venue had turned out to see Silverchair play.
Once their show had finish and people started to clear, you waited at the side to see if you could see Ben out of sight of people, you waited and he showed up by the side of the stage "hey y/n you waited" "I said I would" you giggled, "sorry about earlier, Dan can't shut up at the best of times" Ben joked.
You both walked somewhere quieter with less people around, "so tell me about yourself" this sparked a huge conversation and you both had been talking for hours and getting to know each other, until you looked at the time and saw you had to be heading home. "I hate to do this, but I best be heading home now" you said looking at the ground, "no worries I'm sure we can still talk" Ben smiled widely and started to write on your hand his PO box and email address "this way we'll be able to stay in touch" you were blushing at this point and wrote yours on his hand too "thank you, not just for this but for earlier" you smiled, and starting saying your goodbyes, it was hard to when you wanted to be with Ben longer. As you turned to leave you kissed his cheek and said goodbye again leaving him in a red shade.
You got home and was unable to stop thinking about today.