Ben Gillies

Year:1997
Imagine:
You've been living with your uncle Nick now for a few weeks and you started to join him at work, his job is a music producer and at the moment he's working with your boyfriend Ben's band. Nick doesn't know that you're dating and you'd like to wait s little longer to tell him.

"You're sure you want to spend a whole day in the studio with me and the boys ?" He spoke while driving "yes I'm sure" you responded back to him and seeing that you're close to arriving.
Upon arriving you saw Ben, Chris and Daniel all waiting outside.
This is where you devised a plan to get a few seconds alone with Ben without the others. "I'll join you in a few minutes, lost my purse under the seat" smiling up to Nick who began heading inside.
Once it was clear you climbed out the car again and walked over, embracing Ben in a hug and kissing him "good morning" you smiled "good morning to you to" he smiled down to you "best we go inside now" you both agreed.
Venturing inside with each other, as you entered, Chris and Daniel were looking at you both, with smirks on their faces, eyes darting to and from Nick "Ben there you are, you're needed first for the drums on this song" your uncle approached him, "found what you were looking for hunny ?" He asked "yes, I had a little help from Ben, he found it" you said to sound less suspicious and he just accepted.
Chris, Dan and yourself were in the mixing part of the studio, your uncle had been gone for a few minutes, leaving you all to be able to chat "so y/n, I heard that you and Ben are going out this weekend" Daniel spoke, you smiled "yes, we're going to some restaurant, can't remember the name but it sounds kinda fancy", " nice sounds sweet" Chris added in after you replied, "you do realise I can hear you" Ben said to us as he was still in recording "can we stop making mine and y/.." He had been cut off half way, as your uncle had come back "that'll be all we need for that song, thank you Ben."

It was now Daniel and Chris's turn to be recording in the studio, while Ben was behind the mixing desk with Nick going over the song, you were inside the studio with Chris and Dan sitting on the floor watching them record and jokingly fight with your uncle, Dan occasionally yelling into the microphone when he was given advice.
You decided to go back out to your uncles car as you had an idea, the idea being you taking photos of you and the boys together in the studio "hey uncle nick, can I borrow the keys to get my camera ?" Waiting for his reply, he didn't give one but simply gave you the keys "thanks" and left to get the camera, you paused and had a look at the existing pictures and saw many of you and Ben together on dates or when he sneakily snuck round your uncles home to be with you.
When you went back inside the building, you saw that they were all in full concentration with performing and getting things right for the album, you tip toed into the mixing booth to give Nick the keys back and stand in there while Dan and Chris record, you found an opportune moment for a picture. Ben was concentrating on watching his band mates record and working on the mixing desk, you took this moment and snapped a picture of him in full attention.
What you didn't see was that Nick saw your loving smile as you took the picture of Ben.

Continuing to take photos, you had captured a few shots of Chris and Dan recording and messing around as well as all four of you on break between sessions "y/n, can you help me with something ?" Nick asked "yeah sure uncle" getting up to follow him, when you both stopped, he turned to you with a happy yet curious expression "what's wrong ?" Slight shock in your voice "nothing my dear, but what do you think of Ben" his words caught you completely off guard and made panic rise in your stomach a little "he's nice, funny and sweet..why do you ask ?" Questioning his question "I saw the way you looked at him and saw more than just beginners love. How long ?" You sighed and answered "5 months" head tilting downwards to hide your face. "Y/n why didn't you tell me this" Nick's tone was filled with happiness, causing you to look up again, seeing him smile, showing that you're not to worry about the relationship.

5 minuets later the boys had re-entered, carrying on as normal when near the end of the day, your uncle and boyfriend were outside talking, Chris and Daniel were peering over your shoulders "shit I think he knows, but how" Dan said "he guested it and I told him", " and he was alright with it " the two remaining boys looked at you funnily "yes he's perfectly fine with it."
When the chat between them was over not much was really said but you were happy to be able to act like a couple in front of your uncle.
The end of the day was here and you were hugging Ben goodbye when Nick stepped out "I love you Ben" and made the bold move of kissing him in public, to which he followed soon and kissed you back, "I love you too y/n, I'll see you tomorrow" he smiled.
You finally felt a lot happier knowing that your uncle likes yours relationship with Ben.