Chapter 20- Whats Goes Around, Comes Around

When life knocks you down try to land on your back. because if you can look up you can get up.

Monique

The next morning when I woke up, I felt different. After the talk with my Dad last night I felt better, because he was right. Everything will be okay, I have to believe that.

I'm tired of laying in the bed crying all day and feeling sorry for myself, because that's not doing anything for me or for anyone else.

After I woke up, I took a hot shower and got dressed. Today I needed to get things done. No more sitting around doing nothing.

I called Carmen to let her know she could come over to see Ade after school, but before that I asked for MJ and Layla to come over as well.

I marched up the stairs to her bedroom and opened the door. It looked like she was still asleep, so I went over to her windows and opened them, allowing the sun to seep through.

"Momma, what are you doing?" she groaned trying to pull the covers over her face, but I pulled them back.

"No more laying around in the bed all day. Get up, get your shower, and get dressed."

"Huh?"

"You heard me. If I come back up here and you're not in that bathroom, I'll drag you in there myself. We have things to do today," I briefly explained before walking out.

"Goodmorning Alex," I greeted with a smile as I peeped in his room. He turned around and looked at me wide eyed, probably shocked to see me out and about.

"Uh.. Goodmorning, Ma. You need me to do anything for you?"

"Get dressed and pack a bag for the weekend, you're going somewhere in a little bit," I told him and he nodded. No questions asked.

A few days ago Trey told me that he was flying up to New York to go to a basketball game, and he offered to bring Alex with him but at first I denied it. I was afraid to let him leave the house but I can't just keep him cooped up in here.

I want him to have a worry free weekend, and do things that a twelve year old likes to do.

"Mommy! I helped make bweakfast!" Ava said running towards me as soon as I made it back down the stairs. I looked up and saw that she was in the kitchen with Lucia, Blaze's birth mother.

"You did? You're such a big girl," I congratulated her as I picked her up and placed a kiss to her cheek. "Momma loves you."

"Ava loves Mommy too!" she yelled hugging me tight. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself, some days this little girl was the only thing keeping me going.

"You look good, Monique. It's good to see you.. you know, out the room," Lucia told me and I nodded, but didn't reply.

"Alex is upstairs packing his bag," I told Trey when he walked up front.

"Thank you for letting me take him, you know I won't let anything happen-"

"Trust me, I know. Just make sure he has a good time."

I still had Ava on my hip when I went to go open the front door for whoever it was. I opened it and looked up to see my Dad smiling back at me.

"Goodmorning sweet heart," he said to me before placing a kiss to my forehead. He looked to Ava next and held his hands out. "Ready to spend the day with me?" he asked her and she quickly nodded before going to him.

"Her bag is in the room for whenever you leave," I told him. "Lucia is making breakfast."

"Ma!" I heard Alex yell and I quickly looked up.