Chapter 7- What Goes Around, Comes Around

You can live while you're young without living young and reckless.

"No matter how bad I wish I could, I can't choose your friends for you. I can't control who you associate with. But I can trust that you'll make the right decision about who you hang around."

That's what my Dad told me a week ago after he saw me with Isaiah. But honestly I don't see what the problem is.. If I even thought for a second Isaiah was after my Dad then I wouldn't talk to him. Simple as that.

But now to take us to the present, today was the day of the football game everyone can't shutup about. We're playing our school rivalry, but I can't really get into it that much considering I just got to the school and I don't really know much about them.

Also, I was a little nervous because this was the game where we would be performing at half time. I was excited because it's a fun dance and I love it, but I just feel as if it's going to be so many people.

"Y'all aren't staying after?" Isaiah asked walking up to us with his friends trailing behind him. I was standing with Carmen and Layla at my locker getting my things so we could go.

"No, my Mom is picking us up and bringing us back before the game starts. I didn't want to stay here that long."

"Oh, well you're all coming to the party after, right? I heard Erika's going."

"I haven't really seen much of Erika these past weeks.. but I didn't know anything about it?"

"If we win the game today, one of the players are throwing a huge party at their place in celebration. It happens every year around this time. I went to it last year and it was a lot of fun," Carmen added and I looked at Layla, who shrugged.

"We have to ask my parents about it, I don't know what they'll say," I mumbled. I know my Dad is going to be really hesitant on us going considering the current situation, but hopefully he'll agree. If I can't go, Carmen can't go either since she's staying with me the weekend, and I would really hate for her not to be able to go because of me.

"Well just ask them and let me know. MJ is going to be there I'm sure since he's on the team," Isaiah told me.

If MJ is there too that'll make things a lot easier.

"Yeah, I guess so. Um, my Mom is out front waiting on us so we should go. Good luck tonight," I told Isaiah, Aiden and Lee before leaving to go towards the parking lot.

"Do you know what car she's in?" Layla asked and I shook my head.

"No idea, but we'll know it when we spot it."

"Do you guys have a lot of cars or something?" Carmen asked and I nodded.

"My Dad buys two new cars every other year. One for him, one for my Mom."

"Talk about goals," she laughed and I joined her.

When we walked in front of the school I wasn't expecting to see my Papa parked right in front leaning against his white Rolls Royce with a pair of Ray Bans on his face. I couldn't help but laugh because this man thinks he's so cool.

"Why is he like this?" Layla groaned and I shook my head.

"I wish my Grandad had this much swag. So many people are staring," Carmen pointed out, and when I looked around I could see she was right.

"Papa, you remember my friend Carmen," I introduced again as we walked up to him. She smiled shyly while he nodded.

"Of course. Ladies," he spoke opening the back door for them to slide in. "Try your hardest not to get dirt in my car, this shit was expensive."