Chapter 15- What Goes Around, Comes Around

The love between father and daughter knows no distance.

MJ

"You told your Mom we were going?" I asked Adrianna as her and Layla climbed in my car.

"Yeah, she said it was fine. My Dad was downstairs so she's going to tell him when he comes up," she told me and I nodded before pulling out. My parents were cool with it too.

"Isn't Erika supposed to be coming over?"

"Yeah, that's why I wanted to leave," she mumbled and I got it. I may not have understood why she hated her before, but I definitely do now. She's dead to me now just as she is to the rest of us. If Uncle B would've died, nothing would ever be the same.

"So where am I taking y'all?"

"The nature trail. I have to take pictures of.. earthly things for my project," Adrianna told me.

"You couldn't just find pictures on google?"

"No, that's cheating."

"Whatever you say," I sighed turning the radio up. I didn't mind taking them because I liked to spend time with them. They both might as well be my little sisters, I love them as if they were.

It didn't take us long to get to the park. The nature trail was in the very back so of course Ade complained about the walk.

"You're the one who wanted to come here," Layla commented and I nodded my head to agree with her.

"This shouldn't take too long. I just need like... fifteen pictures or something close to it," Ade mumbled looking around to see what she could take a picture of. "Y'all help me!"

"Take a picture of the grass, or the sky or some shit. I don't know!" I told her. The only pictures I take are of myself, so I didn't really know what to tell her.

"Let's go over there," she said pointing further out. "The sign says there's a river and garden."

Turns out the sign was right and the trees opened up to this beautiful garden with a shit ton of flowers, and a river with water running off some rocks.

"This is perfect."

It didn't take her long to get all the pictures she needed. As we were walking back her phone started ringing and it was her Dad.

"We're on our way back to the car now, Daddy. We're fine," she told him and I chuckled. I should've known he was going to be calling sooner or later.

"What all did he say?" Layla asked when she got off the phone.

"That Erika just left, and we need to come home."

"What's going on with her?"

"I don't know, I didn't ask. I'll be right back, I'm about to throw this away," she told us motioning to her cup. I nodded my head and looked towards Layla when she was out of earshot.

"Has she talked to you about Isaiah any?"

"No. How do you think she's doing?" she asked and I shrugged.

"She looks fine, but I don't know. You never really know with her."

I know the whole situation was bothering her more than she was letting on, but she wouldn't say anything because she didn't want us to worry about her. Little did she know we're going to be worried regardless.

I was just about to ask her something else, but a loud, ear piercing scream made me stop. I quickly turned my head and the scene in front of me made my blood run cold.