The Last Chapter

Here's to love and laughter and happily ever after

Three months later.

Monique

"I don't know how I feel about this," my husband complained for the thousandth time. "I think we should just leave out with everyone else."

"No," I answered him as I did Alex's hair. I was putting moisturizer in his hair to help define his curls, but this was getting harder to do since he was taller than me.

"Ma, Alani pooped," Ade announces as she walked into the room holding her two month old baby sister away from her.

"Then change her?"

"I don't have time to, I'm still not done packing and we leave in less than an hour! Here, get your child," she exclaimed passing the baby to her Dad and then rushed out the room. I laughed at her and shook my head.

"I can't stand her some times."

"Who has André?"

"My dad most likely," he told me as he laid Alani out on the bed to get ready to change her. "Mookie, baby I really don't-"

"Blaze we've had this conversation a thousand times. I asked you last night if you still wanted them to come and you said yes. It's too late now to change your mind."

"I don't know who you think you talking to like that," he scoffed making me laugh.

"I'm talking to you!"

I finished Alex's hair and had him take Alani up front to her Goddad while I finished getting ready. Me and Blaze managed to convince Mike to be her godparent along with Trina. At first he was skeptical because he hadn't dealt with a baby in so long since MJ was grown now, but he absolutely adores Alani. Then we let Jermaine and Tori have André.

I watched Blaze as he got up and picked up the letter off the dresser, reading it for probably the hundredth time. Sasha and Erika were coming over today after everyone left, and he's been stressing out about seeing Erika.

"Stop worrying, it's fine," I comforted him as I wrapped my arms around him from behind. He was so tense.

Whenever I used to touch his back, or touch him period without him looking he would involuntary flinch and it broke my heart. Slowly he's breaking out of that, but he still has his days.

Some nights are worse than others. He can go weeks without having a dream, then randomly I could jump awake during the night to him squeezing me washed down in sweat. I would hold him to me all night long until he was okay. He always took care of me when I needed him, so I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure he knows I'm here for him. I was just scared he would shut me off so I'm glad he didn't.

Instead of pushing me away, he held me closer.

His body has completely healed after hours and hours of therapy. He wanted to give up so many times but I'm glad he didn't. He has a permanent little limp to his walk that he hates but at least he's walking, especially after doctors told him he'd never be able to use his legs again properly.

"She's not going to set you up again, Blaze," I assured him softly. He clenched his jaw and looked away from me. "Nothing is going to happen to you."

"I don't like feeling like this."

"I'll be right next to you the whole time, I promise."

He took a deep breath and looked down at me with dark eyes. "I'm going to go make sure the kids are ready," then he left out the room without another word.