Chapter 18- What Goes Around, Comes Around

It was never my intention to hurt you or cause you pain. Destiny conspired to drive this wedge between us and all I want is for this burden to be lifted. I'm sorry.

Monique

"Momma? Come to bed," Alex tried to tell me. I was waiting on the staircase of our home for them to get back. I couldn't rest until I knew they were okay.

"Alex, I'm fine baby. Go get in the bed with Ava."

"It's almost midnight."

"And that exactly why you should be asleep. I'm fine, I promise," I assured him for the tenth time.

It's been three hours since Blaze and them left to go get Adrianna... three hours of me sitting here being worried sick not knowing if they got her or not.

Trina went to the hospital to go visit her son, but I stayed home to look after my family.

This was hell just waiting here. Last time this happened...

I'm not even going to go there.

Thirty minutes passed when I looked up to see headlights coming down the long driveway. It was far back but I knew it was them. I quickly stood to my feet and rushed to the door, holding my hands over my heart.

Please God, let everything be okay.

I looked back out and all the trucks were now stopped in front of the steps. I opened the door and rushed down to them as soon as I saw Jermaine.

"Where is she?"

"She's fine," he told me without making eye contact. I looked behind him and saw Mr. Legend pulling her out of the seat and into his arms.

"She's only unconscious. She might have a headache when she wakes up, but besides that she's okay. I'm going to go lay her down," he informed me walking past me to go in the house.

"Thank you so much," I told them as tears pricked my eyes. I noticed the anxious look on all their faces and froze when I realized someone was missing.

"Where is Blaze?"

No one answered me.

"Jermaine? Mike? Where is he?"

"He stayed."

"He stayed where?" I pressed for answers with my heart racing.

"It was his choice, Monique. We tried but he wasn't leaving, he didn't want to. He said it would never end if-"

"Y'all left him?" I cut Mike off and exclaimed. "Y'all fucking left him there knowing what they'll do to him?!"

"You think we wanted to? We tried-" Jermaine started.

"Clearly not hard enough! How could you? What the fuck kind of brothers are y'all?" I screamed stepping forward and sending punches to his chest since that was the only thing I could reach.

Quickly he grabbed at my wrist to stop me.

"Stop doing that! I have asthma!"

"I don't give a shit! You left him to die!" I yelled sending my foot flying to where the sun doesn't shine.

"Monique chill!" Mike said coming up to grab me. Before he could I reached up and slapped him across his face.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I warned.

I looked up briefly when I saw another car pull up, and saw Trey running towards me to stop me.

"He would've never left any of you. Never. But look what you did to him. You didn't hesitate to leave him!" I went to hit one of them again but Trey grabbed me by my waist and swung me the opposite way.