Chater 5- What Goes Around, Comes Around

Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess, because just like in the game of chess; the Queen protects her King.

Blaze.

Getting my daughter to forgive me wasn't that hard, all you have to do is show her something shiny then all is forgiven. But my wife? That's another story.

I don't know what was going through my head at the time when I raised my voice at them. I know Mookie is mad at me cause hell, I'm mad at me, but I am sorry so I'm going to show her that.

My son 👦🏽- Uncle J is picking me up from school

I looked at his message and remembered he was picking up Adrianna also, and that my dad was picking up Ava so it meant our house was kid free for a while.

It wasn't unusual for Jermaine to pick my kids up considering how close our kids are. Me, Jermaine and Mike's kids are just as close as we all were when we were growing up so that's good for us.

Knowing that Mookie was going to be home soon, I stopped by the store and picked up some flowers before going home to cook her lunch. This will be my I'm Sorry for her.

Just as the pasta was finishing, I heard the sound of the garage opening letting me know she was home. She walked in on her phone but froze at the site in front of her.

"What is this?" she asked slowly putting her things down.

"This is lunch-"

"Is this you trying to get me to forgive you? Because if so then I accept, but this isn't what I was looking for. I just want the truth," she told me taking a few steps towards me.

"Why can't you just trust that I'll handle this and keep y'all safe? You know I will," I mumbled as she came in front of me.

"Yes, I know. But if you're in danger then we all are too," she reasoned. "By the way, did you apologize to your daughter? Because-"

"Yes, that was the very first thing I did. I was acting like an ass this morning, and I'm sorry," I apologized grabbing both of her hands and placing a kiss on the back of each one. "It was never my intention to make her upset or to anger you, you know all I want is for my girls to be happy," I told her honestly, causing her to smile.

"You want to know what would really, really make me happy?" she asked smirking as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"What would that be?"

"A trip to Bora Bora when this is all over."

"If that's what you want, then we'll go," I promised chuckling at the way her eyes lit up at my answer. She should know that I wasn't going to say no, her and all the kids have me wrapped around their fingers.

"You're the best," she told me standing on her tippy toes to press a long, soft kiss to my neck. I stared down at her and rose a brow.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Trying to show my husband that I forgive him," she replied innocently placing her arms now around my neck. She squealed as I brought my hands under her thighs so she could jump up and place her legs around me.

"I'm not complaining one bit," I murmured before she crashed her lips against mine. I kissed her back just as aggressively as I carried her back to our room and placed her gently on the bed, never once breaking the kiss.

"I love you," she whispered in my ear as my lips trailed across her jaw, sucking harshly on that one spot that I know she loves.

"Give me another baby," I replied trailing my kisses further and further down her body. She grabbed a fistful of hair and pulled my head up to make me look at her.