The Preliminaries

Happy birthday, Gaara~! 🎉

A.N. - Ok, first of all, shout out to The Dark Lord13 ( @Lord_of_Screwups ) for knowing the quote from from Gimil. I love Lord of the Rings and Gimil is my favorite, along with Legolas (my otp, those two are).

 I love Lord of the Rings and Gimil is my favorite, along with Legolas (my otp, those two are)

Also, @LoveAmorLifeVida I loved your comments. No matter what it was about, it made me laugh (I also thought that it was cute that you said that my innocence needed to be protected).

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and apologized for the fights because I don't think that they are that good. Not my strongest, fight scenes... Oh, and I did not expect the chapter to go the way it did. I had plans, y'know?! This wasn't supposed to happen until Shippuden! But I went back and realized that the story began to write itself around the beginning of the Chunin Exams, so there really isn't anything I can do. Not to mention that if I don't do it now, it won't seem right, so :/ . You guys will probably love it though, saying it's long over due and all.

Well, here ya go~! Hope you enjoy the chapter~!

~愛 Naomi
--------------------------------------------------

"Naruto! Naruto, stop! You're going to rub your head raw!" Ginko scolded her cousin, grabbing his arm and pulling it down. "But it itches," he whined, Sakura and Sasuke silently agreeing. "Of course it does," Ginko said, smacking his hand away from his head. "It's been 5 days since you last had a shower." She leaned over to the side, pointing a finger at the two preteens behind him, saying, "And don't think I can't see you, too." Quickly, they dropped their hands to their sides and she turned back to her cousin. "It's the dead skin and oil," she reached up and ran her fingers through his blonde locks surprisingly not running into any knots, and showed them her oily fingers. At the sight, Sasuke and Sakura eyes widened both running to the stairs. "Come on," Ginko said, grabbing Naruto's hand and pulling him up the stairs to the second floor.

"Women on the right, men on the left," she told them and instantly the other two were in the locker room showers. "Shampoo twice. Tell Sasuke," he nodded and headed for the men's as she headed for the women's, but quickly stopped short, "Oh, and Naruto." The blonde paused midway in the door to the showers to look at his cousin. "Give him some privacy. Please. Not only for his sake but for mine as well," she pleaded. The blonde smirked, "Can't make any promises~" he said as he went into the room. She sighed and lend into the bathroom, glad that there was a wall blocking her view of her teammate. "Hey, Sakura, be sure to shampoo twice, alright?"

"Way ahead of you, Ginko," came the pinkette's response. "Oh, and I want to talk to ya when you're done. I'll be in the lounge." She waited until she heard the older girl agree before leaving her in peace. She made her way downstairs to the lounge where Lee and Gaara were playing Shoji, shooting Shakespearean insults at each other as they made a move. She sat down beside Kankuro on the couch and together they watched the two banter back and forth.